Chapter 2: The Legend of the Gobblewonker

It was just another normal day in Gravity Falls, Oregon. So normal, that Dipper and Mabel Pines had to do something to alleviate their boredom. Something drastic.

Mabel holds up a bottle of syrup designed to look like a man from Victorian England. "Are you ready for the ultimate challenge?"

Dipper, sitting across from her, holds up a bottle of syrup designed to look like a mountie. "I'm always ready!"

Noah raises a hand from underneath them. "And why am I here?"

"You're our guinea pig," Dipper says nonchalantly. Noah sighs and it's revealed that he's laying on the ground in between the twins.

Noah opens his mouth and the twins both shout, "Syrup race!"

The twins tilt their syrup bottles upside down as two streams of syrup slowly begin to drip down towards Noah's mouth. "Go, Sir Syrup," Mabel cheers.

"Go, Mountie Man," cheers Dipper.

The twins continue to chant, cheering on their syrups of choice. Eventually, Mabel taps the bottom of her bottle, causing the syrup to quickly drip onto Noah's tongue. Mabel cheers. "Yes! I won!"

Noah coughs as he sits up, trying not to choke on the syrup. "Hmm. Y'know, this isn't half bad."

Dipper puts his bottle down with a sigh and grabs a nearby newspaper. He suddenly smiles as he reads it over. "Ho ho, no way! Hey Mabel, Noah, check this out."

Noah stands and takes a look at the newspaper. The only thing he sees that would even remotely interest Dipper is the ad for a monster photo contest. Mabel's attention, however, is caught by a different ad. "Human-sized hamster balls?" She gasps. "I'm human-sized!"

Noah chuckles. "Mabel, I think Dipper was referring to the monster photo contest." Noah ruffles the young girl's hair, causing her to giggle.

"Exactly," Dipper says with a smile. "We see weirder stuff than that every day! We didn't get any photos of those gnomes, did we?"

Mabel shakes her head. "Nope, just memories. And this beard hair." Mabel then produces a tuft of white hair, presumably beard hair from one of the gnomes.

Noah cringes. "Jesus, Mabel, why do you still bloody have that?" Mabel just shrugs.

At that moment, Stan walks into the room wearing a sweaty tank top, boxers, slippers, and his trademark fez. "Good morning, knuckleheads. You three know what day it is?" Noah looks up at Stan for a brief moment, his eyes narrowing. However, he quickly decides that he shouldn't raise suspicion, his face returning to a more neutral expression.

Dipper thinks for a moment. "Um... Happy anniversary?"

Noah also thinks for a second, wanting to mess with Stan. "Hmm... National Do Nothing Day?"

"Mazel tov!" Mabel cheers.

Stan hits Dipper and Noah on the head with his newspaper. "It's Family Fun Day, geniuses!" Stan walks over to the fridge and opens it, pulling out a carton of milk. "We're cuttin' off work and having one of those, you know, bonding-type deals." Stan sniffs the milk before taking a drink of it.

Noah groans in disgust at this action. "Ugh. Stan, is this gonna be anything like the last time?"

Noah, Mabel, and Dipper all think back to their last Family Fun Day, where Stan had them all making counterfeit money in a dark room. Mabel shudders. "The county jail was so cold."

"All right, maybe I haven't been the best summer caretaker," Stan remarks, putting the milk back in the fridge before walking over to the twins and Noah. "But I swear, today we're gonna have some real family fun. Now who wants to put on some blindfolds and get into my car?"