"What are you trying to say?"

Holding back your answer until you were out of everyone else's earshot, you stopped in your tracks, Mona nearly running into you.

"I want to go back to the houses."

"So you are worried about Alhaitham. Tighnari said he was sick. Though I didn't hear any sick noises coming from his room this morning."

He isn't sick. "It isn't like him to stay behind."

"Since when have you started caring for him? I thought you told me he was annoying when we shared rooms when our power was out?"

"Mona."

"(Y/N)."

You groaned, grabbing the sides of your head and dragging your hands down your face. "Please just take me back to the houses."

"Why should I?"

Are you kidding me?  You narrowed your eyes at your best friend, wishing that you could burn holes through her with her persistence. "If you don't take me back then I'm walking back."

"But it's supposed to rain later on. What if he doesn't let you in?"

"Then I'll just steal your key."

"Layla has them."

You shoved three fingers in Mona's face who took a step back, tilting her head at invading her bubble. "I'm proposing three choices. One, you can drive me back. Two, I can drive myself back and you can get a ride with Amber. Or three, I'm walking back to the houses with or without you."

Mona sighed, covering her left eye with her hand. "You're so stubborn at times."

"You're one to talk." You crossed your arms over your chest, recalling back how often she teases you about Alhaitham or being so persistent about the stars aligning for the two of you. "Are you going to give me your key? I know it's on you."

"On one condition."

"Oh come on!"

Mona dug into her purse, pulling out a small metal object and waving it in front of your face. "Don't just barge in there. I can give you his number, but I doubt he'll respond."

A few sweatdrops ran down your face, a nervous laugh escaping your lips. "We exchanged numbers at the festival last night in case one of us got lost. Since no one else joined us last night." I can't let her find out how the two of us actually got each other's numbers. I wouldn't hear the end of it for my life.

Mona let out a happy squeal, clapping her hands together while still holding onto the key. "I guess you don't need my help anymore then, right?"

You should be thanking Kaveh for the two of us having each other's numbers for a while now. If it wasn't for him, Alhaitham and I would still be strangers.

"Can you just give me the key?"

"Who said I was just going to give it to you and let you walk there? I may be a bit excessive at times, but I'm not gonna let my best friend walk and get drenched by the approaching rain."

A sigh of relief let your lips at Mona choosing the first option. You really didn't feel like getting soaked by the rain and then waiting outside their house for who knows how long. "You'll keep everyone out for as long as possible, right?"

"You have three hours. I can't promise anymore. Tighnari wants to go meet with Albedo today, and Amber wants to introduce us to Jean." Mona walked past you, trailing behind your best friend to her car. Digging into the small bag you carried with you, your hands touched the soft fabric, a wave of relief washing over you. Good, I didn't forget them.