The Wedding Runaway Part 1

A gasp for air echoed around the empty room

She looks around the room, nothing was amiss, but then her mismatched eyes paused, brown headless scary human looking-which her muddled brain identified as a mannequin- wore an unusual long white-colored dress with plenty of laces, caught her eyes.

 'That's a lot of layers, I pity the unfortunate person who has the worst fate of wearing that'

She almost laughed out loud at the ridiculous sight if she still wasn't confused about what was happening.

Knock knock knock.

Several knocks at the door startled her out of her thoughts. "Your Highness, it's time for you to wake up, we have five hours to get ready"

'Ready? Ready for what?'

'Did mother arrange a party and forgot to tell me? Or worse, have I forgotten it!? Am I getting old?!'

The blond beauty checked herself in the mirror for any signs of aging. Staring back at her is a girl with light blond curls that wave at the slightest move, would have been a mesmerizing sight if it wasn't for the terrified eyes of the teenager. Silver and golden eyes, same holder but different colors. What a rare sight.

Knock knock

'ah. I'd forgotten about her'

"Please come in!" Came out her panicked voice. She threw herself in her bed and made it look like the last few seconds of her life didn't happen.

A woman in her mid-thirties entered the room, dressed in a traditional lady-in-waiting outfit, her brown hair in a bun, and black-rimmed glasses covering her obsidian eyes..

"Good morning, your highness! Did you have a good dream?" She bowed, her right hand in her chest where her heart is, as she lifted her ankle-length dress with her left hand as she curtsies to show respect to the higher authority.

"Good morning to you too, Amanda! And yes, I did have a good dream! Great even!" Honestly, she had already forgotten what she dreamed about, something about a portal, mission, and keys; probably not too important if she had forgotten it that easily. Though, even if she didn't remember it, it still got her chills.

"What is the dress on the corner even for Amanda? It looks ridiculous! Seriously, who would even wear that willingly?" And she meant every word. The dress is quite normal per se, however, the blond-haired princess is too picky for her good, well can you blame her? The dress is simply too fancy! Well, at least to her.

Her lady-in-waiting, or Amanda as named, answers cheerily, "Have you forgotten, your highness? It's for your wedding today!"

'Wedding...? What wedding- !!!! THE WEDDING!!!!'

'How irresponsible am I to forget my wedding!!??'

While the girl was busy berating herself, Amanda watched curiously as her princess's eyes turned from confused to panic immediately.

'did the princess forget?? Ahhh...her highness is soo cutee!!!'

"Are you excited for today, your highness?" Amanda asks as she brushes the tangled hair of the now calm princess, now that the morning shock is gone, she remembers that she had planned something special for her wedding.

"Of course, why wouldn't I? It is our special day." She smiled slyly as she glanced at the packed bags hiding in the corner.

'I wonder what's happening on that prince's end. Probably panicking by now' she chuckled mischievously as Amanda looked at her in confusion. 

538 Words

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Please comment and vote as you see fit!

- Hailey