𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕺𝖓𝖊

𝕸𝖆𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖍𝖎 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖇𝖊𝖘' 𝕻𝕺𝖁|| 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟐𝟎 @ 𝟖:𝟐𝟏𝐚𝐦 ||

𝕸𝖆𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖍𝖎 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖇𝖊𝖘' 𝕻𝕺𝖁
|| 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟐𝟎 @ 𝟖:𝟐𝟏𝐚𝐦 ||

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

As I reviewed the final paperwork that Aniyah had summarized for the upcoming meeting, I rose from my office chair and swiftly gathered my MacBook, phone, and the file.

With purpose in my stride, I made my way out of my office and to the elevator, descending to the first floor with mind already focused on the task ahead.

As I entered the conference room, I noticed that a few of the employees, including Rodriguez, had already taken their seats and were waiting for the meeting to begin.

They greet me as soon as they saw me and I returned the greeting and strolled to the back of the room, but my strides became abruptly halted when Rodriguez called my name.

"Mr. Forbes, Aniyah nuh reach yet?" She asked in a hushed tone, to which I shook my head in response.

"Not yet. She deh pon her way a come. Bout ina the next 10 minutes or suh," I informed her, having just checked on Aniyah's whereabouts while in the elevator moments before.

She nod her head in understanding, and I began to make my way towards my seat when a sudden thought dawned on me.

"Yo Rodri. Make me have a word wid yuh nuh." I stated, pulling out a chair from under the table to have a seat beside her.

She nod her head and fix her gaze on me, entirely nervous since i've never shared more than two words with her.

Our exchanges are mostly work-related and the only other time I had asked her to discreetly find out Aniyah's shoe size so i could gift her on our first date.

"A tomorrow you and Aniyah dem a leff fi go pon unuh trip dont?" I asked for confirmation, and she nodded in response.

"Yeah. The plane leaves tomorrow morning at 9," She stated.

"Ah cool. So hear weh me waa yuh do," I started and she scrunch her eyebrows, unclear as to where this is going, "Look out fi Aniyah fimmie. Me nuh know yuh other friend dem weh a go but a your birthday and a you plan dis trip so me a leff yuh incharge fi ensure say she good over deh yer," I requested, hoping she would understand the gravity of my words.

She nodded, her expression still nervous, "She ago alright mon. Me nah go make nothing do her," she stated to assure me, "Why it sound like yaa fret out hell fi she go out wid we though?"

I paused for a moment and twisted my lips, staring off into the distance before answering her question, "Unuh good mon. Just do the thing fimmie. If yuh can even borrow somebody else eyes and use 2 pair fi watch her, dweet."

She laughed this time, trying to ease the tension in the air, "Aniyah will be okay Mr. Forbes. Yuh naffi worry. Me nah make nothing happen to your baby."