Call of Adventure: Part 2

Start from the beginning

You glanced at the squid-faced horror currently studying the barista across the room.

Trasyn: Y/N, what exactly is a. . . Mocha Grande?

You pointedly ignored him.

Trasyn: Rude. You can just think about it, and it'll answer my question.

Well, it was good that he could not seemingly plunder the depths of your mind unless you were actively thinking about something.

Trasyn: Frustratingly.

Okay, enough!

You delved into the depths of your mind, pulled out the most disturbing and unsafe-for-work images your consciousness could conjure up, and then mentally pelted the creature with them. Trasyn grunted in disgust and made his way to stand above you.

Trasyn: Well, that's just unseemly. Have some class!

You smirked to yourself and returned your attention to the conversation. Akali glanced in your direction again, casting her gaze above you as well. Could she maybe sense Trasyn's presence?

Trasyn: Oh, don't be ridiculous! Do you think this little girl could sense me when the Creation, Light, and Darkness children could not? I mean, your friend Kai'sa even bonded with the Overseer, and he didn't sense my presence.

Overseer? That was something you were going to have to ask him about later. Trasyn reached out toward Akali; you wanted to reach out and stop him. . . but you didn't end up needing to.

Akali: Hands off, creepo!

Akali reached behind her and caught Trasyn's hand in her own. She then stood and yanked it down while she brought up her other hand, which was holding a kunai. She brought the blade down and drove it through Trasyn's slimy-looking clawed hand and the table they were sitting at, pinning him there. She pulled her hands together with a piece of paper pressed between them and muttered something incoherent. She then smacked the paper against one of his facial tentacles. Nothing seemed to happen at first, but then everyone in the room shot to their feet,  and the barista screamed.

Hawk: The fuck!

Ahri jumped back, and a ball of shimmering blue formed in her hands. Her tails suddenly shone iridescently. The barista ran out the back. no doubt fully intending to call the authorities. Sona moved behind Ahri. You were the only person left sitting. Trasyn tugged his hand against the blade, but it was locked in place.

Traysn: This is an. . . unexpected turn of events.

Akali: You think so, squid-face?

The three red dots narrowed at Akali but then, surprisingly, he turned back to you with a casual tone.

Trasyn: I retract my earlier statement. I like this one.

 Akali produced another blade and held it at the monster's throat. Everyone else was completely still, and a blue glow painted everyone's faces as Ahri prepared to back up her bandmate.

Akali: Give me one good reason not to turn you into takoyaki.

Trasyn: I can give you many good reasons. But two things first. One, I believe we should move this conversation to somewhere more private. Don't want to attract the attention of the entire city, right? It might damage your reputation as musicians.

Hawk started running around and closing all of the blinds. Akali simply turned her lip up.

Akali: I think we have more pressing matters, but I agree. What's the second term?