Power Play

✭⛧࿏

averee and bella walked up behind cleo. the girls had met up with her at work to see the new dolphin they had rescued. "hey." bella put her arm on cleos back for a second, "hello." the girl responded cheerfully as she glanced at averee with a wave. "is this the new dolphin?" bella said glancing out at the water, "yes." bella softly grabbed averees hand, interlacing their fingers, "how is she?" cleo looked at the girls before looking back at the dolphin, "ah, still not letting anyone near her." "shes still frightened." laurie added in, staring at the dolphin. "but the wounds are better now." cleo said as laurie glanced at the girls, "took a long time to heal though. she hurt herself pretty badly. trying to get out of that fishing net." bella sighed as she glanced at averee then the dolphin, "oh, its so sad to think about them getting caught like that." laurie began walking as the girls followed.

"at least we got to her in time" cleo pointed at the boy, glancing over at bella and averee who were still holding hands. "yeah, the dolphin rescue program does a really great job." "we do what we can. but we'd never have the money to do as much as we'd like." cleo stopped, checking her phone for a moment, "its from kim. she said theres some sort of emergency at home. hey, look do you mind if i go?" cleo asked softly, looking up at laurie. "yeah. alright. sure." the girl glanced at bella and averee for a moment with smiles as she continued walking.

✭⛧࿏

bella dragged averee with her to see will. the blonde practically never did anything by herself anymore, she'd always take averee with her to everything. bella loved the girls company, even if she sulked the second things didn't go her way. bella leant on a pole as will walked around the grass, averee pushed herself into bellas side as she glanced out at the water.

"think about all the dolphins we could save and all it takes is a few thousand dollars." the girl said, glancing between will and averee as the boy walked over, "thats all?" the boy asked sarcastically as bella laughed. averee stared at her with a confused look as she absentmindedly continued listening to the two. "well, people would give money for sure if they knew the work that dolphin rescue do." will hummed in approval as the boy looked at the floor for a moment, "what we need is some sort of publicity." the boy said, glancing up between averee and bella. "like a concert." bella said with a small smile, looking at averee, averee looked back at her, almost folding at the sight, "i guess." will added on as he furrowed his brows, looking between bella and averee, averee watched bellas face light up. "yeah! we could do it. we could put a fundraising concert on at the cafe. rock for rescue." bella smiled, standing up off the pole as she rocked on her feet, averee stared at the blonde, the girl watching how excited and happy the girl was. she smiled softly as bella looked at her, still smiling. "rikki would support it, for sure, and dolphin rescue would love it." "yeah." bella kept pushing herself back and fourth as she glanced back at averee. "not interrupting, i hope." sophie said from behind them. bella deflated slightly, leaning back into the pole as she put her arm around averees waist.

"got anymore dishes?" "uh, no. thanks sis." the boy said before he looked back, glaring slightly at the arm around averees waist. averee noticed and smirked a little, pushing herself further into bella. "seriously, you should at least ask zane. we all know he loves being in the spotlight." bellas face lit up again, "well yeah. it'd get in the papers for sure, maybe even tv. it would be great publicity for the cafe." "yeah." the boy mumbled, walking by bella and averee, "yeah." bella responded, following the boy, dragging averee by her waist.

✭⛧࿏

bella dragged averee back to see laurie the next day. averee waited by the path as she watched bella walk to meet with him. she watched bellas mannerisms as the girl physically deflated after a bit. the girl turned, walking back to averee as she looked at the floor. bella put her arms up around averees neck as the brunette held the girls waist. "what?" averee softly asked the girl as she moved her arms around the girls back, "she stole my idea." the girl mumbled. averee looked down at her with shock, "who did?" bella looked up slightly, her face looked exhausted, "sophie." the girl muttered, holding eye contact with averee. "fucking hell. you're kidding?" the girl rolled her eyes as she stared at bella. bella huffed in response before averee moved her hand up to the girls jaw, kissing bellas nose as she rubbed the girls back.