15 - "In The Knick Of Time"

En başından başla

"Oh, um...okay." Cilia took her heels off and held them in her hand. The man who was behind Tom took the lead and motioned Cilia to follow.

Breeze turned to go with her but Tom stopped him. He looked at Breeze with a slight look of amusement. "She'll be okay, you don't need to follow her for some slippers. She'll be down in five seconds. I have a girl I think you'll like. Your woman can see if she agrees when she comes back down."

Breeze looked at Cilia and Cilia at him. She was reassuring him with her eyes she would be okay. They were in a house full of people and she didn't get a weird vibe. Besides, she couldn't say no. Why would she have a problem with putting on slippers to not scratch someone's floors? That would be weird, so she played it by the book.

Breeze was the one who had a slight feeling something was off. He was trying to convey it to her through his gaze, but it was clear she wasn't noticing. Cilia touched his cheek and gave him a soft smile, winking at him. He watched her disappear upstairs.

The further up Cilia and the man went, the quieter the party got. The house was huge and seemed never ending. They went up the narrow staircase, twisting and turning until they reached the top. Then there was another staircase, indicating another level. Cilia started to get suspicious. Why would they keep the house shoes for the guests so far upstairs?

"What size do you wear?" The man finally spoke as they climbed the second set of steps.

"Huh?" Cilia asked as they reached the top of the second landing. They were in front of a wooden door.

"What size shoe do you wear, the slippers for your feet."

"Oh! An eight would be good." She mumbled.

The man opened the door and they walked inside—they were in the attic. The walls were painted white and it didn't look like the rest of the house. In fact it was completely empty. There were two wooden shelves against the walls. One in the corner by a door and the other across from a window that had a bench underneath it. There were three doors in total with four men standing in the room. The wooden boards on the floors looked rough and dusty.

Cilia realized she made a grave mistake

Cilia realized she made a grave mistake. She turned around but the door was already closed and locked. She was defenseless, no weapons. Her throat felt like it was closing up.

"Who are you?" The guard that escorted her up asked. His voice now ice cold.

"Open the door." Cilia said.

"Who are you?" He repeated.

Cilia walked toward the door that he was blocking to attempt to leave, but he grabbed her by her neck. Panicking, she swung and caught him at the side of his head with her high heel. She forgot she was holding it in her hands. She did have a weapon.

"Agh!" The man yelled, letting her go.

Cilia yelped when she felt another man pull her hair from behind. He yanked so hard, her scalp started burning.