The Dumpling Paradox

Start from the beginning

"Oh," Leonard played with his hands, "you and Derek are still together?"

Rose nodded, "yeah. I'm gonna stay with him until Christy is gone,"

"What?" Leonard snapped his head to look at Rose, "so you're not gonna be at the apartment for awhile?"

"I will just come and go to get a couple things so I'm set, but other than that...I guess so," Rose shrugged.

The group was now playing Halo while Penny was asking questions until there was a knock on the door so Penny answered. She moved aside and revealed Derek at the front door.

"Hey, baby," Rose grinned before yelling, "yeah, bitches! I got y'all stuck!"

Derek laughed, "Hey, beautiful. Are you almost done? I'm gonna take you on a dinner date,"

"Yeah. I just need to get my stuff from my...apartment," Rose groaned and put down the controller, "sorry, guys. I'm going to go,"

"But who will be our fourth?" Sheldon asked.

"I'll play," Penny smiled.

"It's a notion, but a bad one," Sheldon put down his controller.

Rose shook her head and rolled her eyes, but grabbed Derek's hand and led him to her apartment, unaware of the pair of eyes that followed the two out. She turned to Derek, "word of warning. My roommate's visitor is inside with one of the guys' friends and it will probably be weird. Luckily, I put my stuff next to the door,"

Rose and Derek closed their eyes as Rose blindly grabbed her bag, but couldn't grasp it until the third try. The two left and giggled as they ran down the stairs like two teenagers. As they were laughing, Leonard went to the door and stared down the stairs only catching a glimpse of the two before they disappeared. Penny came from behind Leonard and rubbed his shoulder.

"Sorry, Leonard. Both of you are meant to be...just give it time,"

"Do you actually mean that?" Leonard asked Penny.

Penny hummed, "c'mon, let's play Halo,"

As the night progressed, Rose and Derek had their movie marathon along with their snacks displayed out on the coffee table in the living room. Derek had sat next to her and just started staring at her, but Rose didn't notice. After a few minutes, Rose felt his stare so she turned and saw his gaze on her.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" Rose tried to wipe her face, but he took her hand.

"No. I'm just staring at your beauty," Derek smiled softly, "you are everything I want in a woman and some. I find out a new thing about you almost every day and I can't help, but feel like I am the luckiest man alive to even be able to touch you and be with you like this. You are the nicest, selfless, and the most beautiful person inside and out,"

"Oh, stop it," Rose blushed and tried to hide her face.

"C-can I kiss you?"

Rose stared and nodded. The two got closer and put their lips on each other until it escalated to a make out session until they had to pull away to catch their breath. The duo smiled sheepishly at each other.

"I'm tired. Wanna go to sleep?" Derek stood up and put his hand out for her to take.

Rose nodded and grabbed his hand. The two went to the room and laid in bed holding each other slowly going to sleep until the next morning. Sunlight had come into the room which woke Rose up so she slowly stood up and put on her outfit of Dickies slim fit pants, white tank top, black and white flannel, and her high top converse. She was cooking food when she felt arms wrap around her so she smiled at the neurosurgeon.