Chapter Thirty-one

Start from the beginning

“As for now, I want Eden to know that the war is over and to take a day to relax after the past year.” She folds her hands together. “While we settle with the famine I want everyone take what food is in the castle to give to the families that need it the most. And instead of a victory celebration, I want to have the burial for my parents and a memorial for those that we lost.” It is the proper thing to do, she thought.

Alice watches from the balcony of her room, as the soldiers of Austere take Damos their former king out of the castle. She lets herself breath knowing it was truly over. That she was not going to hide any longer, and for that she was happy.

She looks over the kingdom and sees the difference in the scenery. What was once lush and green was now dead and brown. Keiran was right, it was going to take time to restore what Eden once was.

“So, this is your home,” Brittney says stepping out into the balcony.

“The graveyard version,” Alice response.

Brittney looks down at the ledge. “I am sorry about your parents, and for the way I treated you.”

Alice shrugs, “I probably deserved it. Besides it did look like I was using you as a disguise.” She looks behind her and sees Will and Scott sitting around her study room. She turns back around knowing they were giving them the space to talk. Alice could not help but giggle at the image of the two.

“What is so funny?” Brittney asks.

“It is just the two of them are sitting together. I never thought Will would be able to do that.” She puts a hand on Brittney’s shoulder as she gives her a confused look. “If only you knew how jealous Will was of Scott before we got together.”

Brittney grins and shakes her head looking back at the kingdom.

Scott comes out followed by Will. “This all yours now?”

Alice nods not exactly delighted by it. “I wish you guys could see how beautiful it really is,” She looks back at them. “I mean if you guys want to come back.”

“If you want us to stay, just say it,” Brittney says.

“Well I mean you guys cannot stay long, your parents would be worried.”

“No, but we are graduating and are legal adults…” Brittney started and then leans her back against the balustrade. “If you want us back, then maybe we could come back.”

Alice smiles, “Yeah I would like that.”

Later in the afternoon, after Brittney and Scott returned to Earth, Alice is back in her room cleaning up her wardrobe. There actually was not much to clean since the maids came in everyday, but she just wants to be kept busy.

“How are you feeling,” She hears Will’s voice in the background.

Alice shrugs. “How am I supposed to feel?”

Will walks up to her and takes her in his arms. She puts her head on his shoulder and he puts his cheek against her hair. “I don’t know, but I am proud of you today.”

She grins, for some reason that made her happy. Alice looks up at him, “So is there something you want to tell me?”

Will bites on his lip, “I was told that your mother was already buried in the royal family’s tomb. Apparently Damos allowed your father to bury her when they came.”

Alice nods taking in the information. At least she could still say good-bye to her mother. “Anything else you want to tell me?”

“No, there isn’t anything else to say.”

Alice looks outside her window. At her home that has been destroyed by war.

Will rubs her shoulders. “It’ll grow back. Maybe even better than before.”

Alice looks up at Will. “I believe that too.”

                                            End

Thank you everyone for reading my story I hope that you guys have enjoyed reading. Please tell me what you think about this story and if there is anything I need to improve on my writng. Dont be shy and tell me what you think.

I have enjoyed writing this story and I plan on writing more on Wattpad so please continue reading more of my stories. Thank you again and hope to hear from you soon. =)