Act One - Scene 1: A haunting face

Start from the beginning

"Creep up like some quiet ghoul." I then noticed how short she was to me. I had at least 5 inches on her.

"My father did say I looked half dead." she deadpanned before turning and walking ahead of me.

"Huh..." I squint my eyes and cock my jaw to the side.

I walked after her and quietly escorted her to the changing room so we could dress out before I took her to the infirmary. I really don't understand the need to take her there, she knew where it was and was quite capable of going on her own. I think about this as I peel off my training gear and replace it with my uniform. I liked the purple color, it suits me quite nicely. After I was done, I shut my locker door to find Wednesday there. I jump back with my hand over my heart and my other grasping at the locker for support but end up missing it and falling flat on my ass.

"....damn it..." I hissed and sat up, thankfully my jacket landed on my lap to cover my thighs, I didn't want to give the poor ghoul a free show. I hear snickering and quickly look up but only see an expressionless Wednesday. "....one of these days you're gonna find my fist against your throat if you keep sneaking up on me like that."

Wednesday just stares at me, looking to see if my threat was real or not. (It wasn't) and then she turns around to walk out of the room. I push myself up before standing and close my locker door the rest of the way while pulling on my jacket and fixing the skirt. I grumble to myself and push my way out of the door. I expected Wednesday to be there and just as I guessed, she was there; waiting for me. We continue down the hallway in silence as I ponder on the thoughts in my head.

"We'll see..."

The words didn't register as I blink my eyes and glance over to Wednesday who was looking ahead. Was she playing with me?

We arrived at the infirmary before I could come up with something else to say. I opened the door for her and let her through first only to follow in behind her and let the nurse know why I was there and what had happened. I stood to the side while the nurse got to work on the little knick. I was once again in my thoughts as I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at Wednesday.

She tried to go against Queen B but got reprimanded over it. And yet she doesn't even look the slightest terrified of it. Of what could happen. But then again, she doesn't look much of anything besides a clear void. I tilt my head and the action catches her eye.

"What?" she demands.

"I'm just trying to figure you out, that's all." I say, almost absentmindedly.

"You're Wednesday, right?"

I look over her head as her eyes flit to the side before she turns around and sees Rowan sitting there, behind her on a stool as a nurse took his vitals. I excuse myself to let them speak and turn to walk out the door. I decided to wait for her.

When she does come out she looks to be in a bit of a hurry. I push from the wall and follow after her as we head out of the med hall and onto the quad. Wednesday was smart enough to bring an umbrella to which I was left with pulling the collar to my blazor up to shield my ears from the cold wet wind.

"You are an idiot."

I hear her say and turn to say something to her as I walk backwards, she walks forwards while watching me. "I'm sorry but I can't hear you from all the gloomy rain!"

I see her eyes rolling at me in annoyance, to which I just laugh it off and spin around so I can walk normally. And that's when a body knocks into me. I stumbled a bit before I slam into Wednesday.

I barely got the chance to see who had pushed into me because before I knew it, my whole right arm jerked downward and I'm suddenly in pain. My body falls on the wet cobblestone and then darkness takes over.