Chapter 3

We eventually made it to the door. Brad picked me up and walked into the woods behind everyone else. David was in front of Brad, carrying a knife shaped case. I kept my eye on it, terrified of what they were going to do.
*********
Eventually we made it to a large clearing with a small pond. I saw David hand Jack the knife shaped case. Brad practically dropped me on the ground. I lied on my back petrified.
"Sit up." said Jack. Listening I sat upright and stared at him. "Good Girl." he said with a grin. He sat next to me. The other guys sat under some trees. I saw David leaning on a tree with something shiny in his hand. I turned my attention back to Jack. "So you're just gonna sit here without saying hello to me?" He said teasingly. "How rude. Now why don't you greet me." he said.
"H-hello." I managed to say.
"There we go." he grabbed my chin and held it in place. "hmm."
He started to untie my hands. When he finished he grabbed my chin again. Then I felt something cold against my throat. Out of the corner of my eye I saw David tense up. I looked dead at Jack's face as it drew closer. Just when he was so close that our lips might touch I turned my head and put my hands up to block my face. I held my position for a few moments. The knife still on my throat he said "Brave aren't we?" He put the knife down. "Brad!" He yelled. In seconds Brad was at his side. "Do you want a try?" He said grinning evilly. Brad nodded as he grabbed my hand and pulled my arm. As he pulled me away I tried to grab the knife. My fingers just missed it. I looked to David to see he was more relaxed. He was still watching carefully. Brad shoved me to the ground as he knelled down. He pulled out a gun. He positioned the gun right between my eyebrows. My heart skipped a beat.
"Look at me." he said as he leaned closer. I refused and looked the other way. I closed my eyes, waiting to hear the shot that would end me. Now that the gun was on the temple of the side of my head, I felt it press harder, causing more pain. "Look at me." He said again. I kept my head still and my eyes shut. I felt the pressure leave my head. I heard him stand up and yell back "She's not budging." I turned my head to look up. "Get up." I got up and followed him back to Jack. I looked Jack in the eyes as he commanded David to come. The other two followed behind him.
"I want to try." said Alfred with a grin. Jack held out his hand to Brad. Giving him the gun he took a step back.
"I didn't ask you." Said Jack. I heard a gunshot and my eyes shut. When I opened them I saw Alfred's eyes wide open. I scanned him to see a large bloodstain on his left leg. I hurried over to him instinctively and ripped my sleeve of of my shirt. I tied it around his wound. When I finished I felt a hand pull me back. Jack's
"What do you think you're doing?"
"This." I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the ground. I stood up and began to run. Before I got anywhere he grabbed my ankle. Putting my arms in front of me, I fall.
"Ah!" I yelled as I fell. I sat up as Jack yanked my leg once more. When he was standing he said
"David tie her arms and legs." he walked away from me. The other two followed him. David picked up some tape and rope.
"Now why'd you do that?" He asked as he started to duck tape my feet together. I didn't answer. I looked the other way as he began to tie up my hands. I saw the knife was still on the ground. I stared at it for a while. He turned his head and looked at the knife too. "Are you planning to stab me and run away as fast as you can?" He grabbed the knife. "Here you go." he put the knife on my lap and waited for a while. "Exactly..." he trailed off.
"Ya know I could get you all thrown in jail." I said as I looked at the knife. "Kidnaping, Thievery, Attempt of Murder." I said as I looked at him. He fiddled with a blade of grass.
"Yeah, but I didn't kidnap you, I held you hostage and I didn't try to kill you, that was Jack and Brad." He paused. "I also didn't steal anything." he looked up at me and threw the grass beside him. I looked around to see that Jack, Brad and Mike were watching us.
"They're watching." I said as I turned my attention back to him.
"Yeah I know." he paused again, selecting a new blade of grass. "What did Jack do? Besides holding a knife to your throat?" He asked looking up.
"He came way to close, if you know what I mean." I said. "Brad held a gun to my head." I shifted my position.
"Typical for both." He smiled. "Both violent. Brad wouldn't kill anyone though. Jack would be glad to." he threw the second blade to the ground. I looked at him while he stared at the ground.
"Am I going to live." I ask. There was a long silence.
"Let's hope." he started to shift again. He scooted closer to me. "Let's hope we both do." Alfred started to breath heavier.
"I can't do anything else for him, especially tied up." I said. He got up and used the knife to cut out the bullet. Alfred screamed as he did so. Tearing my other sleeve, David tied the wound to help it stop bleeding. Alfred must have fainted from pain because the screaming stopped. David sat down in front of me. He looked back at Jack and the other two. Jack grinned and crossed his arms. "He wants me to see if I can force you to listen to us." he said looking me in the eyes.
"Well let's put on a show." I said as he looked at me. He threw the knife behind him then came closer to me.
"Talk." I said. He moved his mouth and whispered his abc's. I wanted to laugh but I kept my mouth shut. When he finished he came closer and kissed me lightly. My eyes stayed open for a moment then I closed them. After a few seconds he pulled away. I looked at him. His eyes seem relaxed. His right arm was on his right knee. Before I knew it he put his hand on my arm and pulled me toward him. He whispered "Are they watching?" I looked behind him to see that Jack's eyes were wide open and his arms hung limply beside him.
"Yeah. Jack seems pretty mad." I said looking back to David. He smiled.
"Good. He needs to learn that he isn't always the boss." He got up and put his hands over mine to pull me up. I eventually got to my feet. He picked me up and carried me over to Jack. My hands and feet still tied I looked at David's face. He seemed to be lost in thought.
"What was that!" Yelled Jack. "how would she refuse me then just go for this ugly peace of crap?" David put me down.
"..." David stayed silent. Jack walked up to him and slapped him. David tripped back a step. I started to loosen the rope around my hands, luckily loosened by David. When I was loose I started unwrapping the tape from my feet. Jack said "That's not how things work around here. I'm the Boss." he swung at David again, this time punching him in the eye. I finished unwrapping myself. Since no one was watching I stood up. "You listen to me. Understand." He rose his hand, ready to smack David again. I ran over to them and stood in front of David. Jack put his hand down. He stood still for a moment. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see David's face. He had a light purple rim around his eye. David broke the silence with
"I'm okay." I felt something hit me on my shoulder. I fell backwards onto the ground. I saw David throw a punch at Jack's face. I got up as quickly as I could. Jack stumbled backward. He felt his nose. Blood trickled onto his finger. He walked forward a few steps and looked at David. "Nice shot." he threw his fist straight to David, almost knocking him down. David quickly regained his footing at threw a punch back, this time missing. Jack threw punch after punch at David. Finally David fell to the ground with his eye darkened and his nose and mouth bleeding. Jack walked over to him and bent down. "Don't defy me again or it just might be your life." he walked back to the others and got more tape and rope. I stood still , watching David lie on his back. I turned around to the sound of duck tape. Jack stood there silently and grabbed my hands. He wrapped them in tape. "You are so mean!" I said to Jack. "He did one thing you couldn't and you hurt him for it!"
"Brad" he pulled me over to Mike. "Punish him."
Brad walked over to David and stood still for a moment, letting David get to his knees. David gave me a glance right before Brad kicked him harshly in the ribs, knocking him to the ground.
"Stop!" I yelled. "Stop It!" Mike took a piece of tape and put it over my mouth.  Brad kicked him repetitively while David was on the ground. When Brad finished David seemed lifeless. I was on my knees with my hands taped behind my back. David rolled over to face us. His mouth move as if he were saying something.
"Let's go." said Jack as he started back toward the building. "Get her." He walked into the woods. Brad began to walk away, leaving me with Mike and David. David started to get up slowly. Mike went over to him and helped him up.
"Pretty brave fighting Jack." Once he helped him up he started to help me up and pushed me in the direction we needed to go. I looked behind me for a second to see David limping after us.