Chapter Twenty Two

En başından başla

Though that would likely require Maleficent to care about Mal in some way.

"Pretty rich to say Mal doesn't understand something when you literally have rocks for brains," Harry said as he walked over to them. "And I thought Uma kicked you out?"

Gaston Jr. scoffed. "She can't do anything to me. My dad—."

"Your dad's the idiot who decided to attack a Beast in hand to hand combat, we all know the story," Uma spoke up as she walked over to stand next to Mal, her arms crossed over her chest. "And by the way, I think it's time you leave."

"You can't do anything to me!"

"No...but my mama can," Uma said and quickly pulled Harry and Mal down as a tentacle seemed to come out of nowhere and wrapped itself around the older boy. Ben was thankful he followed Mal's lead otherwise he could have wound up tossed as well.

"And stay out!" Harry yelled as the saloon style doors swung back and forth before looking back at Mal. "What were you doing talking to Rocks for Brains?"

"He called me the new babysitter of the Isle," Mal said, rolling her eyes. "I wasn't exactly talking to him, Harry. I just showed up."

"With Beastie Jr," Uma muttered, giving Ben a look that never failed to make him feel small. He didn't know what it was he'd done either, Uma and Harry seemed like they'd liked him when he arrived at least.

Mal shook her head. "Ignore him Uma. We just want lunch and then we'll be out of your hair."

"Coming up," Uma said. "Your usual right?"

"Slightly burnt breaded clams," Mal nodded.

"Glad to see your brief time in Boreadon hasn't made you soft," Uma grinned as she headed off. Harry patted Mal on the shoulder before walking off as well. Both of them not exchanging a single word with Ben.

Honestly cuz, I wish you didn't have to pal around with him, Uma thought to Mal.

I don't exactly have a choice, Uma, Mal thought back. You know as well as I do Steph would be disappointed if I left Ben to his own devices. Plus...he went up to Gaston Jr! Clearly Beastie Jr. here lacks any survival instincts.

...You have a point Mali but...do you have to hang around him so much?

Would you rather he go back to being a Papa's boy?

Oh Gods no! I think that was even worse!

I'll see what I can do about Beastie Jr.'s survival instincts though, he needs to toughen up if he's going to make it on the Isle even six months. I think Virgil has better survival instincts!

To be fair, Virgil got Panic for a papa so he's got that working for him. Oh your food's on its way out.

...You're not usually this fast.

You're not usually with Beastie Jr.

Uma...

Yeah, yeah. We still sparring in the clubhouse later?

Of course! I'll drop Ben off at the Underworld after lunch, he can hang out with Steph, Mal thought as Uma brought out the food. Taking a fork, Mal split the clams right down the middle.

"There," she said, looking at Ben. "That side's yours, this one's mine."

Ben nodded and took a clam without complaint, even if he didn't really like the burnt taste. Mal never complained after all.