"You mean when by some magical force Jason froze just so you could beat the shit out of him? Or the way those girls couldn't move when you talked to them at the party? Or the guy 'falling' into the bush?"

Kat's posture became hunched, almost like she wanted to curl up into a ball to hide from this conversation. She looked over at Eddie, embarrassed. "Yeah... but this time... I don't even know how to describe it. Wait. How are you so calm about this? I'm literally telling you I can move shit with my mind and you're acting like this is a casual observation."

"Because I see how scared you are. Because I know it only happens when you're protecting me." He kept his voice level and calm in order to reassure her. She just shook her head.

"No. No. This shouldn't be something that's just acceptable. You should be kicking me out of here or– or– or running away screaming."

"Is that what you want me to do, Kat? Or do you just expect me to behave like everyone else has around you?"

"I don't know. I don't know!"

"What happened with your aunt tonight? How was it different?"

"I think... I didn't want her to be like my parents. I didn't think she would be so... judgemental. She started off by saying the neighbor complained about seeing your van parked at my house. Then she said how you're not 'good people' and how I always gravitate towards people like that. And I..." She took another deep breath, so she could collect her thoughts. "The only way I can describe it, is that it feels like my blood is literally boiling. There is so much energy surging through me. I have to– I have to expel it somehow. But I... Eddie, I wanted to hurt her. And not like I did with Jason. I wanted her to suffer. At the last possible second, I just– I crushed some cans that were on the counter. She looked terrified. I mean, I get it. I woulda been if I were her." Kat put her head in her hands defeatedly.

Eddie nodded and looked around his trailer. He got up suddenly and went over to the kitchen area. Kat watched him when she heard him shuffling around. He came back holding three empty beer cans in his hands. Clearing off the coffee table, he set them down in a row in front of her. "Show me."

"What?"

"Show me. Use your...Your magic powers just because." He nodded and pointed at the cans. Kat looked at him with such confusion and opened her mouth to say something, but Eddie cut her off. "Just try, Kat."

Sitting up straight, she steadied herself. She hadn't tried to do this since she was a pre-teen, swearing to herself she never would. Not after what had happened. However, she trusted Eddie. She felt safe with him. For whatever reason he was steadfastly by her side, so for him, she would try.

Staring intently at the cans, she tapped into the reserve of energy she felt within her. Steadily, she took deep breaths, concentrating. It was humming through her lightly, she knew it wasn't enough to do anything. The words from Linda echoed through her mind. Then the thoughts of her parents shipping her off to this town on multiple occasions (even if the first time she had mostly blocked from her memory). That was the key. The electric storm swirled inside her. She focused more intently on the cans, her face showed sheer determination.

And then it happened.

Simultaneously, the three cans folded in on themselves. Kat let out a sigh, aware of the familiar feeling of her nose running. She looked at Eddie, waiting for his reaction.

"Holy shit..." He whispered.

"I told you. I'm the freak. Not you." She got up and went into the kitchen, finding a paper towel to wipe the blood from under her nose. Eddie was completely still, processing what he just witnessed. It was one thing for him to offhandedly notice when it happened. Even though he encouraged her, it was another thing to witness it on demand. "I'll understand if you don't...if you can't– If it's too much for you," she said quietly.