chapter one

"Wake up sis we're here" My older brother, Kobe, says

I was in his car. He wouldn't let me go with our father which is normal. My father is the type of guy who hits you when you ask a question that he doesn't know the answer to. Or when he drinks too much he gets even more violent than usual.

When he drives he gets really mad. Once when I was 8 a guy passed my dad and he got so mad he slammed into the back of the car of the dude. He injured me pretty badly and he broke a boys neck.

Anyways, I'm so exited because in a month it's my birthday. I'm finally going to be 17! Unfortunately I still have to go to school and be the new girl.

I got transferred in a public school. At least I can blend with everyone since I'm part black. My dad is black and my mom was white, which makes me mixed. This school is known to have a lot of crimes and guns and stuff.

Anyways I get out of Kobe's car and I look at my new house. It looks old and dirty. I can fix it, I think. If I wash the windows, I add a little bit of paint and I wash it well on the inside it'll look brand new.

I walk up the few stairs to the porch. Yeah Kobe could definitely fix the wood. I walk in the house and like I expected it was very dirty and trashed but it was empty.

I go up the stairs to my new room and place my suitcase on my new bed. The room was simple, it was square, white it had a bed, a wardrobe and a small desk.

I sit on my bed I look over to my door, Kobe was against my doorframe.

"you're gonna love it here" He says

"that's what you said about the five other houses" I say

"except we're moving here permanently" he says "you better get used to it Ri"

He gives me a hug then leaves my room. I empty my suitcase and I put sheets on my bed. Then I put the two pillows I took from my old house on the washed covers.

I put a little bit of decoration as in a poster of my favourite singer Rihanna, obviously, and a few posters of Billie Eilish, Eminem and more rapers and singers.

After an hour of decorating stuff that I stole it's 5pm. I decide to take a break and walk around my new neighbourhood. I say bye to my brother and I leave. My father was probably getting drunk in a bar.

By the way I was wearing a white crop top and shorts.
Inspo:

As I walk around I see that it's really the southside, as I walk a little more I see a store that looks cool, it's called Patsy's

As I walk around I see that it's really the southside, as I walk a little more I see a store that looks cool, it's called Patsy's. It looks like a restaurant though. I don't know if I have any money on me.

I look in my pocket and luckily I find a credit card that I stole. I go in and I get greeted very well.

"Hi! Welcome to Patsy's I'm Sierra, what can I get for you?" She asks me with a big smile

"Hi! So I just moved here so I don't really know what you have" I say

"oh okay well here let me get you started" She says, she brings me to a table close to the cashier. "so here is the menu, I would recommend the chicken bq burger but whatever you want works just fine for us"

"sure I'll have that" I say smiling

She leaves to tell the chef. I go on my phone. Fuck, three missed calls from Kobe, eek.

I call him back.

"where the fuck are you Ri" He asks

"I told you I'm in walking around in chicago" I say through the phone

"we'll hurry dads gonna be home in 10 minutes and he's pretty drunk" He says

"okay I'll be there soon" I say

I end the call, I look around to see the girl that was nice I think her name was Sierra.

I see her walking up to a table

"I'm sorry I have to cancel my order, I'm in a rush to get home" I tell her

"okay! See you soon!" She says

I smile and I leave in a rush.

I get home and just as I'm about to go in my room I hear my name being pronounced by the person I hate, my dad.

"Rihanna, where were you" He asks, he was managing to stand up with the wall

"I was walking in chicago" I say

"why didn't you ask me?" he asks getting angry

"you were already gone!" I answer

He comes closer to me and slaps me across the face.

"you do not raise your voice at me whore" He says, as he goes in for a punch Kobe stops him just in time.

"Dad! Here, I have a beer for you, like you asked me" He says

My dad walks towards him and takes the beer. He goes in his room and Kobe comes running towards me.

"I put NyQuil in his beer so he should be right asleep, did he hit you hard?" He asks me examining my face for any forming bruises or blood.

"not this time thankfully, he just slapped me" I say

Kobe hugs me.

^^
end of chapter 1