6-A Move-In Struggle

—❥
"Myaaah!" Grim sets the final fire off, finally. You guys have been burning the ghosts over and over and over again. Your voice hurts from all the screaming and you notice that Grim's fire got less and less hot and aggressive. You also notice that the ghosts are more slow and more tired, I mean, who wouldn't be?

The ghosts all gather up in a line and start to yell. "Hwaaahhh! We gotta get out of here! Before we get disappeared for good!" Then one by one, they disappear.

You breathe a sigh of relief. (Finally... I felt like my mouth was about to fall off...) Your throat is aching and you're really hot, probably from the fire. You look over to Grim and he looks as exhausted as you.

"H-huh? Did we... win?" He wears a dumbfounded expression as if everything's still processing in his head.

You want to scream out how amazing he was and thank him but your voice won't let you do that so you  smile and muster up a, "Thanks for your help."

Your words help Grim realize that you've won and his expression immediately turns into one of fear. "Aw, geez, I was scared outta my—" Before he could finish that sentence, he realizes that you're still in the room and immediately corrects himself. "I mean, they didn't faze me one bit! Just a walk in the park for a mage of my caliber! Whaddaya got to say now, ghosties? That's right!" He wears a prideful expression and grins victoriously. You smile at his happiness, you're pretty proud yourself. You could join the ghostbusters if you wanted to. Not that ghosts exist in your world but still.

Just then, you hear someone opening the door to your dorm and they walk up the stairs. You take a wild guess that it's Crowley because no one else in their right mind would come into this rundown dorm but him. The second that person speaks, you know your guess was right. (Oh goody, the ever so kind Crowley. The one who gave me this very well maintained building to live in.) You turn around to face him.

"Good evening. In another gesture of my immense kindness, I have brought you dinner." In his hand, there's a small bag.

(Huh. And here I though he wasn't gonna get me anything to eat other than dust bunnies. That's actually really nice of him, of course it's a basic human gesture but still.) A little smile appears on your face.

He then looks behind you and sees Grim, his face turns a bit more serious than before. "Wait. That's the creature we ejected for causing trouble at orientation! What is it doing here?!" He looks back and forth from you to Grim.

Grim looks mildly offended by this but then he realizes it's a chance to show off and look good in front of the headmage. "Takin' care of yer ghost problem, that's what. You're welcome, by the way!" The corners of his mouth lift up creating a very smug grin on his face.

Crowley looks at you for an explanation. "What is the meaning of this, Eve?" You explain to him how Grim got back in, how you were searching for buckets when three ghosts appeared and how you and Grim defeated them together. As you explain to him what's going on, he seems to understand what had happened. "But you know, on that topic, I do seem to recall that this dorm had a mischievous ghost problem. Ah, yes... That's why it was abandoned, in fact. The ghosts scared away all the students."

(And you still sent me here?) You think to yourself as you glare at the headmage, he notices you and tries to avoid your gaze.

He tries to move on to another topic. "A-and you're saying that you two joined forces to drive them away?" You give a slight nod at his question, Grim on the other hand, wouldn't let this slide, he has pride you know.