"Don't tell me you feel sorry for Rhaenyra. After all she's done." Aegon told him.

"No...it's just...I'm not giving good advice...I can't help but think about if it was our child..." She starts to cry.
"My love..." Aegon said stepping closer.
"Hormones hits hard at the end of pregnancy." Their mother told him.

"I tell myself it was only a child...but every time I think that...I relive Aemond's pain..."
Aemond also approaches her."Forgive me, sister."
"No...don't apologize. It's me. I'm ashamed to find excuses or sympathy after what he did to you."

Aemond strokes her face "If you didn't have compassion, it wouldn't be you anymore. My sweet sister"

"It's up to you what you want to do. It's you who was mutilated and humiliated. I'm with you."

He nods. "I just want a simple, family dinner. Nothing fancy. I just want to celebrate this moment with the people that matter."

"Sounds perfect." answer Alyssa

"That's a decent middle ground." said the Hand. "I didn't expect less from you Aemond."

"And after this dinner, I don't want any politics to bother my sister until the end of her pregnancy. Do you agree Aegon?"

"I couldn't have said it better." agrees Aegon
"But I want to help you..."

"No, you are going to rest my love. No stubbornness"

"Ok..."

--------------------------------------

The restricted council arrives very quickly.
Alyssa sits next to her husband.Topics are scanned very quickly but Alyssa senses that Rhaenys is somewhere else.
Before the end, Otto Hightower speaks.
"I would like to end this advice by announcing the tragic death of Prince Lucaerys Velaryon. Despite the tensions between the branches of our great Royal family, we do not wish any emotion of joy. violence perpetrated against our beloved Crown Prince, Aemond."

Everyone is in shock but nods.

"Well, I think we can close this advice to me that one subject has yet to be discussed."
Alyssa speaks up. "Indeed, there remains a subject."

"My queen, we are listening to you."
"I wanted to formalize a promise made to Princess Rhaenys."

Rhaenys looks up at her, surprised.

"When I proposed to the Pincess Rhaenys to become my hand, I swore to her that no harm would be done to her granddaughters Rhaena and Baela. And I want that promise to be kept. We are not only talking about the granddaughters of my Hand, but also rightful heiresses of Driftmark, through the late Princess Laena. Let it be noted that any harm done to these daughters will be severely punished."

She turns her head to Aegon who smiles at her, approving her speech.

"Well, the proclamation will be made my Queen and I wholeheartedly approve." Answers Otto bowing. "We will leave you."

Everyone retreats except Aegon, Alyssa, and Rhaenys, who has her head down.
"Cousin?" asks Alyssa."Thank you, for making your word official."

"I couldn't see doing otherwise. And I have no wish to lie."

"I fear for them...every day."

"I understand and I swear to you that if I have the opportunity to bring them back to you, I will."

"I hope they don't put themselves in danger but I know them. Baela is stubborn and Rhaena is eager to prove her worth to her father."

"I know little of them, I admit it. But I know that they have inherited your intelligence. They will be careful."