Maybe this would be easier than she thought.

"Look what I have," she attempts to distract you as she sits down on the bed with you on her lap, and you look up curiously at her words. By the look in your eyes, it was clear to see you weren't all here and she wonders whether or not you'd allowed yourself to slip. When she holds the pacifier against your lips and they immediately part allowing her to place it into your mouth, her suspicions were confirmed.

You didn't seem to have any more concerns as you suckle lightly on the comfort item, your hands reaching forward to play with the buttons of her shirt.

Clipping the clip to the top of your romper, she begins to absentmindedly bounce you on her lap as she looks around the room for something that might keep you entertained. Coming up empty handed, she scoops you up into her arms as she stands silently cursing herself for not picking you up any toys.

Looks like it was another trip out tomorrow. That, or she'd order you a few things online.

Setting you down onto the couch, she goes to head to the kitchen with the intention of fixing you both a late lunch. She was hungry, and she was sure you were too. She was stopped seconds later however, by a muffled whine, and she looks back at you only to see you bouncing anxiously on your knees as you pleadingly reach for her with grabby hands.

"Okay," she relents as she reaches forward to lift you back into her arms. "You can come with me. But you'll have to sit at the table so you don't get hurt."

You don't seem to hear her as you cling to her tightly, and she hears a your suckles on your pacifier growing in speed signalling you may be feeling a little nervous. With a quiet sigh, she sits herself down at the table with you straddling her lap and begins to steadily rock you back and forth.

"It's okay. I'll hold you for as long as you need." She soothes, and you relax slightly in her arms as you reach to cling to the top of her shirt. The backs of your fingers rest against her bare skin, and she gives your hand a soft squeeze as she allows herself to rest properly against the back of the chair.

"Are you hungry?" She questions a few moments later. Maybe she could make some sandwiches. They were quick and easy, and she could hold you while doing so. 

A frown of confusion appears on her face when you spit the pacifier out of your mouth immediately begin routing around her chest. You attempt to latch onto her through her shirt, and that's when she realises what you were trying to do. Immediately flushing red, she rises to her feet ignoring your quiet whimper of confusion.

She sets you down onto the kitchen counter and reaches to put the pacifier back into your mouth. You accept it, but let out a quiet whine as you reach for her again, and Natasha sighs as she pulls you into her arms.

"There's nothing in there for you baby," she murmurs, pressing a kiss to the top of your head, and you let out a pitiful sniffle as you fist a handful of her shirt. "Oh I know. You're okay. Let's go get you..your bottle mhh? You can have some milk in there." She murmurs, lifting you into her arms and grabbing the one bag she'd brought through the kitchen.

In it held a few plastic dishes with separate compartments, forks, bibs, spoons and most importantly, the bottles. Still holding your whimpering body close, she gives the bottle a decent clean before filling it with milk. She then places it into the microwave for thirty seconds, pacing around the room with you in her arms whilst it warms through.

"Mama." you whimper, and Natasha freezes again. She swallows heavily as she resumes her pacing. It was what you need, she reminds herself. It was something she was able to give you.

"Mama's here." she whispers somewhat unsurely as the microwave beeps signalling the bottle was warm, distractedly grabbing it and screwing the lid on tight before giving it a firm shake.

Placing herself down onto the couch, she cradles you in her arms and lets out a quiet sigh.

You were staring up at her with an unsure look in your eyes, and she attempts to sooth you with a soft smile as she tugs the pacifier from your mouth. "It's okay. Open for mama." She murmurs as she holds the bottle to your lips, and you blink slowly before allowing them to part.

Natasha slips the bottle into your mouth and watches as you begin to suckle almost eagerly, your hand reaching up to cling to her shirt. Your other hand rests innocently against her breast, and Natasha couldn't help but roll her eyes softly as she tightens her arm around your body. It hadn't even been a day and you were already taking a liking to them.

She knows it was harmless. Babies -like yourself right now- associated boobs with milk, so it was no surprise that you had been under the assumption that there would be milk inside them for you. But breastfeeding was a whole other thing entirely, and there would have to be a long conversation for her to even consider letting you do that.

It just wasn't something she thinks she'd be comfortable with. Especially not this soon.

When you let out a quiet whine signalling you were unhappy with the lack of attention, Natasha chuckles softly and leans down to press a kiss to the top of your lead. Minutes later the bottle was empty, and she sets it aside before sitting you up into her arms. She hesitates before beginning to pat your back, but babies needed to be burped after feeding to get rid of the gas build up in their tummies.

And you were a baby, so this was the next suitable step, right?

Shrugging noncommittally, she continues with patting your back until you burp softly. It was only then does she allow you to fall back into her arms, and you do so with a coo of content.

"There we go, all done." She murmurs as she brings the pacifier back to your lips, and you begin to suckle immediately as you bury yourself against her chest. Due to fact she didn't have her shirt buttoned all the way up, you were able to rest your cheek her bare skin, and it was something that seems to immediately sooth you as your small hand comes up to absently play with her necklace.

Maybe skin on skin wouldn't be off limits. Babies liked that, didn't they? Man, she really had to do some research.

**

Don't forget to comment and vote telling me what you think! I'd love to hear your thoughts!