Chapter 20

Farah PoV:

We walked up the two front steps, when we arrived at the front door, I unlocked it, opening it just a little, not all the way.

"I need you to close your eyes for me again," I inform her, doing my best not to let my nerves get the better of me, after arching an eyebrow at me, she closes her eyes, I open the door all the way, before guiding her carefully through the front door and inside.

"Why can I smell Rose's?" She asks, I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face.

"Just keep your eyes close for one more moment," I said letting my eyes light up with my magic, lighting all the candles in the room at once, along with the fireplace, "You can open your eyes now," I tell her as I hold my breath, I heard her let out a small gasp after she opens her eyes, I watch as she began to slowly look around the living area.

"Oh Farah,,, it's beautiful, when did you do all this?" she asks while still taking it all in, I let myself relax as I smile to myself, glad that she liked the little surprise.

"Remember when I said, I would buy somethings for our picnic for tomorrow?" I ask her, as we both begin to smile like idiots, "well let's just say, there has been a change of plans," I said taking her hand, walking us over to the large fireplace, I had laid a blanket on the floor near the fireplace, with as many cushions as I was able to get my hands on, I had also indeed made us a lovely picnic basket with a bottle of wine that was staying chilled in an ice bucket, with both yellow and red rose's everywhere, she hadn't seen what I had done in the bedroom yet! however that can wait until later.

"Oh Farah,,, I don't know what to say," she tells me, with tears in her eyes, she pulls me into her, wrapping her arms around me, holding me close into her, in-turn I wrapped my arms around her.

"I want to do something special for you, besides I didn't want our first time being intimate together to be on your desk in your office," I tell her as I feel my cheeks turning red.

"Farah, that's very sweet and romantic of you," y/n kisses my lips very lightly, "I hate to say it, but your right, this is much better and more romantic, for our first time, however why don't you show me around my old house and you can tell me why you brought my old house?" she tells me, placing her bag on the floor next to some cushions, I take off my jacket and shoes since it is a white carpet, y/n follows my lead by taking off her jacket and shoes as well.

"What do you say, we get comfortable, have a glass of wine, maybe eat some food before having a look around?" I ask her as I don't want her to see the bedroom just yet!

"Sounds like a good idea," y/n tells me, kissing me lightly on the cheek before sitting down on the floor, getting comfortable before pouring us both some wine, "are you just going to stand there? looking at me all night like a dodo?, or are you going to join me?" She asks holding the glass of wine she had just poured for me, I take the offered glass, sitting next to her on the floor, also getting comfortable.

I ended up drinking half of my wine in one, then I inhale deeply as I prepare to tell y/n my story, hoping that once I told her my story and she shared her story with me, we never have to return to the dark place we are both about to journey through, at least we are making this journey together now, even though we had to walk them alone the first time, so taking one last deep breath, I begin my story.

"The night after Rosalind's death, I was unable to sleep because my mind kept going over and over the events, leading up to her death, plus one of the reasons I couldn't sleep was because Rosalind was everywhere, everything in the suite that we shared together, reminded me of her," I stopped for a moment, remembering how it had felt like Rosaline's ghost was there with me, like she was haunting me for killing her, the guilt I had felt afterwards, was unbearable, even though I was never in love with her, I had loved her once.

"When I cannot sleep, I normally like going for a walk, I had somehow ended up here, at your old house, I cannot remember how I ended up here, all I remember was just walking and walking," I explained as I continue telling my story, "All I remember was walking until my feet hurt, I remember standing outside looking in the window at the couple, who were living here at the time,,, as I stood there I noticed the for sale sign," I looked down at my now empty glass in my hands, y/n took it from my hands, refilling it for me, I gave her a sad little smile before continuing.

"I don't know what possessed me,,, I walked right up to the front-door and knocked, I asked them how much they were asking for the house, after they told me their price, I told them I would double it, I when back the next day, after they got all the paperwork together, the moment the paperwork was signed, I transfer the money, two days after that, they handed over the keys," I stopped talking, drinking my drink and eating a little of our food.

"It happened that quickly?" She asked me, popping a strawberry into her mouth, the corner of my mouth turns up into a half little smile as I remember how much she used to love strawberries as a child.

"I guess, when you are doubling the price, they would want to get the paperwork done as soon as possible," I give her my best guess, as if am being honest, I hadn't given it much thought, taking a deep breath, I carry on, as I was getting to the hard part of this story, "after they handed over the keys, I walked through this house, it was like stepping back in time, to a time when I was at my happiest, then the sadness followed shortly, as I began to remember  all the people, I had lost over the years, from the day you were taken from me, then to my parents death, Rosalind's death,,," I drunk my drink in one mouthful, y/n reached over taking my hand in hers, giving it a little squeeze in support.

"Oh Farah, I wish I was able to be here for you, I know I was taken from you; however, you never lost me, not really," she tells me as she places her glass wine down, now with her free hand she picks up her bag that were lying next to her on the floor, "This is for you," she says handing me a wooden box.

"What is this?" I ask her as I run a hand over the top of the box, "Our apple tree?" I ask at seeing the carving on top of the box.

"My dad made it for me, for us, after that first letter was sent back, after the war broke out, I didn't want you to think I had forgotten you, so I kept writing you letters, once a week, I kept it in this box, in hope that one day I might just be able to give them to you in person," She explains to me, I let a single tear run down my cheek, as I open the box seeing all the letters that she has written for me over the years, I want to read them right now, however I don't I just place them back into the box, putting them aside for now.

"I also have a box with letters that I wrote for you as well over the years, however it is just an old shoe box," I said with a little chuckle at that last part, "That was one of the reasons, I brought this house, I wanted you to have a home to come back to, if you ever came back to Alfea," I tell her as I pour us some more drinks, before I begin telling her how I killed Rosalind, well here goes nothing.

To Be Continue:

Hello all, I know it's been ages since, I updated this story, I'm doing my best to keep updating all my stories, I am hoping once I finish my studies, later this year, I will be able to update a lot more then I am right now! Plus as some of you might be aware, I'm working on something special, Anyway I hope you enjoyed this updated, until next time, be kind and be safe xxx