Chapter 5

Old Friend, New Lover:

Farah/Reader

For the next hour or so, you both keep the conversation light and try to just focus on the good memories, but isn't that what reunions are all about, reminding? Both the good and bad memories? You eventually let out a yawn, Farah smiles at you before she takes your hand in her as she stands up pulling you up with her

"Let me show you to your new suite so you can get settled" Farah tells you as you grab your jacket from the chair with your free hand as Farah walk out of her office, you walk next to her as she doesn't let go of your hand, you walk into the first office where you left your suitcase "is that all you brought with you?" Farah asked as she takes hold of your suitcase before you had a chance to, you don't say anything as you know it won't do any good, so you just let her take your suitcase.

"I got a box in my car those most of my things will be deliver tomorrow" you tell Farah thinking you were sure you had mentioned it in one of your letters, those your honesty cannot remember those it probably doesn't really matter now anyway!

"What time tomorrow?" Farah asks you as she uses her magic to levitate your suitcase down the stairs, you smile at that, remembering when Farah tries to levitate a football out of a tree for some of the boys who had kicked to hard and had ended up levitating it through a window.

"Sometime in the morning those I don't know the exact time" you tell her as you give her hand a little squeeze, while also trying not to laugh at the memory but fail, when Farah looks at you with a raised eyebrow as you were walking along the main hall, you tell her about what you remember, next thing you know you both are laughing so hard, Farah confesses to you that she had forgotten all about that.

"I'm surprised you remember, wasn't you five at the time?" Farah asks, you stop walking making Farah stop as well, so you can be looking her in the eyes, when you say what you are about to tell her.

"Some of my best memories are with you Farah, and for the longest time those memories were all I had" You start to feel sad again, Farah let go of your suitcase as she reaches up with her now free hand, placing it behind you head and slowly pulling your head toward her as she brings your forehead to rest on her

"I understand, as I also only had the ghost of your memories keeping me up at night, even when I was with Rosalind, it was you I'll dream about every time I heard news of you, even before the war i would dream of you, of us almost every night, dreaming of the day we would finally be together again" Farah tells you, you don't know what to say so you just drop your jacket on the floor as you place your arms around her holding her tightly as you can never wanting to let her go, how is it you still feel so much for this woman, so connected after all these years especially after everything you have been through over the years, those your mother always say the two of you had a bound like no other and you guess she was right.

You are not sure how long the two of you were standing there in the middle of the main hell just holding onto each other, Farah was the one who finally took a step back and you instantly miss the feel of her in your arms, Farah once again takes a hold of your suitcase those doesn't take your hand as she continued to walk through the hell without another word, you sigh before picking up your jacket from the floor next to you, where you had dropped it before catching up with Farah, when you catch up to Farah you take her hand in yours and gives it a little squeeze again, you think you see Farah blush those you are unsure as her face is hidden by her hair, those the thought that you can make her blush makes you smile.

You walk along a dark cold hallway these isn't many doors, just mostly bricks with paintings hanging on the walls, you pass some double oak doors, and you can't help wonder what is behind them and as if she read your mind Farah says

"That my suite, yours is right next to mine" you smile at the thought of her not being too far from you as you like the idea that your best friend is nearby, you get to some more double oak doors and Farah opens them, letting you go inside first,

"Wow, it's a lot bigger than I thought it would be" you state looking around, your old suite back in Eraklyon wasn't as big it was half the size

"Your bedroom is through there" Farah says as she walks toward a door and opens it, you step inside and see that the bed is already made up with dark purple skill sheets "I thought you wouldn't want to make a bed after your long journey" Farah tells you as she puts your suitcase on the bed "give me your car keys" Farah orders holding out her hand, you give her a confused look before taking them out of the jacket you are still holding, you hold them out to her but when she goes to take them from you, you pull back your hand

"Why do you want with my car keys?" you ask

"You said you still have a box in your car so I will go and get it why you start unpicking" Farah tells you holding out her hand again for you to give her the keys

"You don't have to do that you know" you tell her as you hand over your keys, because if she was still anything like the way she used to be when you were children, then you cannot hope to win, she always told you, I am older, there for you must do as I tell you, you don't think she will use the face that she is older on you to get want she wants from you this time, those technically she is your boss now and she would most likely use that against you.

"I know I don't, I want to; I will be back soon tried not to miss me too much" Farah tells you with a known smile and you are glad she remembers

"I'm missing you already" you respond smiling as well, letting her know you also remember, it what you use to said to each other every night as children before going home, Farah leaves and you are happy you get some time to yourself even if it was for a few minutes.

Because as much as you still love Farah, seeing her again after all these years has been a little overwhelming, something seems different between the two of you, you had known the both of you wouldn't been the same as the last time you saw each other as you both had changed so much, so you had been expecting to feel different around her, those your feeling toward her was something different, something unexpected, you blame your mother of course, she had to go and remind you that you had once told her you wanted to married Farah one day because she was your best friend, you had been six at the time.

TO BE CONTINUED: