𝟔𝟗 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐨𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐬

Depuis le début

All eyes soon shift upon Eren from behind me, knowing he was our main source of power to the defeat of Rod Reiss. What striked me as odd, was that he seemed rather not nervous, but more confident. It didn't take much to allow everything to weigh on him at this very moment in time, but I knew everyone will be praying he would fulfill the mission.

With a tender smile I couldn't but feel proud of him, but not only him, but all the children I've trained since most were twelve. How time flies, remembering they only knew nothing about all this. Now, they're facing larger threats, and also, political matters. Nonetheless, our main target was Rod Reiss.

After we all discuss our plan of action we all were dismissed, as my eyes linger upon the map not realising our nervous I was. 

A hand gently interlaces my own carefully pulling it down to my side, before giving it a gentle squeeze, "You're shaking," He murmurs quietly, while a few soldiers chattered in the background, as some quickly headed out to begin the evacuation. His thumb caresses my knuckles, his side pressed against mine very closely but comfortingly.

Sighing heavily, "Sorry, didn't realise,"

My eyes never leave the map while I continue to subconsciously trace over the landmarks, stations, and the layout. Though I've read it over multiple times, I still felt my chest growing heavy with every dreading second. We're not dealing with the colossal, only a titan that was tall enough to demolish an entire wall without a hitch.

"Do you need to get your shoulder properly treated?" he asks carefully, but I shook my head with a small hum. He brushes my hair to the side, pressing a chaste kiss to my temple. "Alright, well how about we start heading to the wall....we must be prepared. Get the kids to follow suit, and prepare for the worst."

"You're right,"

Reluctantly I allowed him to take my hand and pulled me behind him, keeping up with his hasty steps. Many questions started to overflow, my eyes felt heavy, and my wound was becoming more painful with every minute. It was numbed for a while, but now it was only getting worse quickly. My eyes flicker to see his stoic expression, but I couldn't help but to admire how far we've come.

Without hesitation I plant a kiss, following a chuckle running ahead of him.

Walking backwards for a moment I saw his face surprised, red dusting his cheeks faintly while his hand rested against the spot I kissed. "So serious, and grouchy," I tease him lightly, while trying to lift the heavy tension that fills the hallway. 

He sighs, "shut up," rubbing his face he covers his face, as I could his cheeks burn more red than before.

*

The sunrise was slowly peeking behind the mountains, as light dawns upon us all with a warm glow. Everyone was stationed above the wall, preparing ourselves for the worst only hearing the heavy stomps that echoed down the valley.

It drew closer and closer, it's arms extending out as if it was stretching on command, while heavy steam emits in the air. Silence fills the air, only hearing the echoing sounds of it's hands gripping the earth. Dragging itself across the ground, it's skin was stretching disgustingly. It's body was larger than it's own limbs, and it's spine was piercing through it's skin and head was creepily smaller.

My eyes flicker down to see people gathering for the evacuation drill, while trying to not allow everyone turn into a panic. Yet, I could see from a distance, they all weren't happy at all about the drill being so early in the morning. However they don't understand, the massive threat that is almost about to crush their homes.

The Garrison all held their cannon fire, while waiting for the beast to draw closer at firing range. Preparing themselves mentally and physically, it seems these soldiers never seen a fight in years. More or less, a titan for that matter, tucked away near the center to the kingdom.