08

JUST ONE MORE goal

JUST ONE MORE goal. It was all they needed to win the game. It was Naruhayas turn to show off his weapon as Isagi started with the ball. Kicking the ball to Naruhaya it was blocked and stolen by someone from team Y. Everyone was shouting different comands on the field, as team Z advanced in on team Y.

"Don't falter now! Break through team Z!" Kuon screamed running as fast as he could. Igarashi charged at the ball as a member from team Y kicked the ball away towards Niko. Isagi jumped in on time blocking the ball from reaching Niko with his leg.

"I'll catch every pass coming your way!"

He shouted. It was almsot Isagis turn to show off his weapon. Kicking towards Igarashi he ran down the field, with Niko just behind him. Watching the two run you could see they we're mumbling a conversation between each other.

Naruhayas time was up and it was now Igarashi's turn. As everyone from team Z switched their positions, team Y passed the ball around to precent team Z from stealing it back. They're just protecting the ball.. Team Y wasn't making any moves, just passing around to each other. Looking at the clock you realised the time was almost up.

"Only one minute left?!"

Directing your attention back on to the field a player from team Y kicked the ball towards Ōkawa. In that split of a second everyone on team Y turned into the offensive position charging towards team Z's goal. Niko left Isagi in the dust running after Ōkawa.

Shit! Team Z had put too many players on the offensive side and now they had only two players defending. They're screwed! Ōkawa ran with the ball to team Z's side of the field before passing it on.

"Fall back! Pull back!" Igarashi shouted. Team Y weaved through the players of team Z like nothing making their way closer and closer to the goal. Niko delivering the final pass to Ōkawa. Team Z's done for.

"I knew it.. it's always Ōkawa, Niko."

Isagi ran in front of Ōkawa like it was nothing stealing the ball before he had a chance to even touch it. Isagi?! Where the hell did he come from?!

"He "smells" like a goal more than anyone,"

Is he a dog or what?? Furrowing your brows in confusion as you heard Isagi continue, "you and I are the same.. we see and think the same things! So that's why instead of shooting it yourself.. you passed to Ōkawa to finish."

Reeling back his foot, Isagi shouted, "But this is my win Niko, you don't have what it takes to be a striker!"

The ball flew across the field, above everyones heads. "Yeah Isagi!" You jumped. He never fails to surpise me! Catching the ball with his foot, Kunigami ran past the defenders passing it to Bachira. He dribbled the ball effortlessly pass everyone shooting the ball towards whom you thought would be Gagamarus goal.