PROLOGUE

"OOPS

"OOPS.."
I sighed as I grabed the red stripped towel to clean up the spilled coffee grounds on the counter. The sound of soft jazz was heard playing the background as I weighed the portafiller. I tapped it against the counter after measuring it exactly to 18 grams of coffee ground. Using the tamper I push down on the coffe grounds making it smooth and dense.

When does my shift end? I can feel the stares of the customer on the back of my head!

I quickly rush to finish their coffee creating a little latte art of a tulip with the creamer.

I carefully hand the cup of coffee to the lady patiently waiting, she flashes a sweet smile at me,

"Thank you!" she says as she walks away with the fresh cup of coffee taking a seat with a few of her friends at a tiny table in the corner. I rushed that so bad oh my god. What if it tastes like booty bum cheeks bruh..

You were cleaning up the counter putting away cups and coffee beans when you heard someone walk towards you.

"Hey y/n your shifts over for lunch."

You turned your head towards your boss and nodded politely excusing yourself to the breakroom. Taking a seat in one of the chairs at the table closest to the exit, you grab your lunch out of your tote bag and began to eat. I shouldve added more salt to my salmon..

You continued to eat as you scrolled through the many posts of social media while listening to music through your airpods.

'I'm so insecure, I think, that I'll die before I drink. And I'm so caught up in the news, of who likes me, and who hates you'

You hummed along quietly to the lyrics of the song.

'And I'm so tired that I might, quit my job, start a new life. And they'd all be so disappointed
'Cause who am I, if not exploited?'

Olivia is so real for these lyrics. You thought to yourself.

'And I'm so sick of 17 Where's my fucking teenage dream? If someone tells me one more time "Enjoy your youth," I'm gonna cry'

Your lyrics were cutoff to someone agressively slapping your back. You jumped in surpise and dropped your chopsticks on the ground.

Aw man!

You took out your right airpod as you turned and glared at your co-worker, Naomi, who had slapped your back.

Naomi was a petite girl with light brown hair cut short. She was wearing a red sweater today with a denim mini skirt, white frilly socks, and some mary janes. She was a loud, extroverted, and optimistic person. Adored everything romantic and loved talking. The complete opposite of you.

"Hi y/n!! Whatcha listenning to? Is it something emo like you?"

You frowned and picked up your chopsticks from the ground. "No.." you said quietly putting your chopsticks back into bento box. Shes super loud.. right in my ear too!