𝟔𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

Start from the beginning

I was indeed taken back by how amazing it was, as it securely protected us.

"Beautiful," I murmur to myself.

Levi soon kneels before Eren, "Guess what? This means we finally have a real shot at plugging the hole in Wall Maria," he says, bringing some faith to our efforts. "A lot of enemies and allies have died on the way and getting this far hasn't been pretty, but for as ugly as it's been, look at the position we're in now."

"Corporal! Captain!" Sasha calls suddenly, causing me to crane my head up to see her and Connie not far from us. "We've secured an exit!"

"Hanji's fine! Armin, Lena and Moblit too!" Connie adds, sliding down following after Sasha.

A heavy weight lifts from my shoulders, "That's good,"

"I'm glad to hear it!" Levi calls to them.

Both Sasha and Connie reach the ground and rushed towards the titan boy, with relief in their eyes, "Eren!"

"You okay?!"

Sasha falls to her knees, "We're all safe!" bowing to him. "Thanks to you, but to be completely honest, when I saw you run off into the light stumbling like a drunk and wailing like a baby, I thought we were screwed! You looked like an idiot and my fate was in your hands! It was awful! Quit your bawling! Have some dignity!.......That's what I was thinking anyway."

My hand covers my mouth trying to stifle my laughter, tilting my head away to excuse my relief. Levi seemed to glance in my direction, but I couldn't understand what was going on in his head.

"Relax," Connie breathes out.

"Let's go," Levi ushers us. "We have a big-ass titan to catch."

With a nod we all headed to the opening where Sasha and Connie located, but finally coming to reality a stinging sensation lingers in my shoulder. My hand sharply grips the same area where I was shot and stabbed, blood squelching beneath my hand. Dark crimson seeps through my fingers, while waiting for the children to get up one by one.

"Come on," Levi lends me a hand, as I took it willingly. 

Carefully we maneuver our way up to the surface, as a familiar face greets me from above. Lena's face filled with relief was all I needed to see, that everything was alright on her end. With a firm monkey grip she hauls me up, with Levi pushing my feet up to give me some kind of leverage.

"I thought you would make it," She almost tears up, but all I could was chuckle.

"Can't get rid of me that easily," I assure her. "How is Hanji?"

"Awake, thankfully," She replies, which made me more relieved. "Except she doesn't want to admit about her wounds, or anyone to worry."

"Typical Hanji," I sigh deeply.

Finally after I reach up onto the surface, I take in the fresh air that lingered in the night air. It felt refreshing to meet the sky again, especially after almost being caved in and suffocated. Hauling Levi up, the children soon collected themselves before taking in the amount of destruction of the church, or what was left.

From a distance my eyes slowly widened with horror, finally getting a view on the titan itself. Heat radiated from it, and a fiery path trails behind. Yet, it was crawling slowly south west from here, as the ground was burned or torn from the oversized weight of the beast.

The heavy stomps shook the earth, shivers running down my spine coldly.

"We can't stand here and watch," I sternly spoke up, ignoring the pain in my shoulder. Everyone turns to me, "Let's mount up, everyone! I can't risk anymore casualties, got it?!"