Sunshine Heartbeat (Seth Clearwater imprint story) Ch 15

Start from the beginning

Baker....Kevin...Mum...Baker....Kevin...Shirley...Baker

Kevin's s-step mum is my m-mum...

That's a terrible truth that I was not willing to face. I can't think properly right now. I...I...don't want to follow her. I don't know what to do. I felt so helpless.

Before I knew, I broke down and started to cry. Kneeing on the dirt, I collapsed and cried my heart out, wishing someone would come and cuddled me with their arms.

I desire to be cared for...to be protected...and to be...loved.

Seth's POV

Where's Aimee?

I was wandering around the house when Jacob came crashing through the door.

"Where's Sam?" He busted out.

I continued walking around, not really paying attention to him. "I don't know."

Jake rushed out the door again. I sighed, decided to go look for Aimee. For some strange reasons, I just don't feel right, feeling very uncomfortable.

I strolled down the road, not exactly sure of where to go.

Suddenly, I saw someone with long black hair crouching on the dirt.

Aimee...

I rushed up to her.

I can recognise that hair anywhere.

"A-Aimee..." I whispered, kneeling down next to her. She looked up and threw herself into my arms. I gripped onto her protectively. "Aimee..." I crooned softly, rocking her gently in my arms.

She started to sob and buried her head in my chest. "Aimee...What's wrong?" I asked quietly, rubbing her arms lightly. Aimee stared at me with her teary brown eyes. "S-Seth...I don't w-want to leave..."

I stopped and stared at her in shock, "You...What?" Aimee kept her head down, "I...My Mum wants me back..." she muttered. I hugged her tightly, "Don't worry. Aimee, I am not going to let my imprint go." Aimee looked up and gave me a small smile. I wiped her tears away gently with my hand.

I stood up and carried Aimee in my arms. Aimee wrapped her arms around my neck. I grinned and Aimee chuckled slightly. I started to walk but then I paused. Aimee stared at me, confused.

"Aimee?" I questioned.

"Yeah?"

"Can-can I...k-kiss you?" I asked and tried to hide my blush. Aimee stared at me and my heart sunk a little. "I mean I understand...if you don-"

I was cut off by Aimee's warm yet gentle lips. I smiled into our kiss. She pulled away, smiling. "Happy?" I grinned, "Very much so."

I felt Aimee tightened her hands around my neck and I pecked her on the cheek again. "One more question."

She glanced at me, eyes red from the crying earlier on.

"Aimee, Will you be my...girlfriend?" I asked, letting out a relief sigh as I got it out.

YES! I did it. I asked her out!!

Aimee loosened her hands and I watched her worriedly. She blinked a few times and pecked my cheek, beaming.

"Is that a yes?" I asked, dazed by her kisses today.

"Um...maybe...What do you think?" She whispered.

I hugged her tighter, "I think it's a yes."

She smiled and nodded. "I think so too."

Kevin's POV

I stared after Aimee as she broke away from me, running. I was left standing there, shock. Not knowing what to do at all.

Does that means she...will be my...step-sister?

...I...can't, not with my step-sister...Technically we aren't related at all but that just feels wrong too...

I sat on the dirt, wondering about this for awhile.

Finally, I decided what I will do.

I am leaving...

Right Now...

I stood up and glanced at the road that leads to Seth and Aimee's house, knowing that I might not ever see Aimee again.

Because I know that Seth won't let Aimee go that easily.

A small smile formed on my face and walked away.

From the place that I almost think I found my love...

Almost...

Aimee's POV

Seth held my hands until we reached the steps; he pushed open the door and led me inside, grasping tightly on my hand. I couldn't help but smiled to myself.

If I have to go now...I wouldn't know what to do...

I glanced at Seth worryingly, wondering what I could do to stay. Seth turned to look at me, took one look of my face and gave me a small squeeze on the hand. I gave him a weak smile.

"It's okay. Aimee, I promise I will always be here." Seth whispered into my ear. I stood still, trying to even my breath.

"Mum...No..." The 3 years old Aimee whined, clutching onto her mum's dress while continuously wiping her eyes.

"Aimee!" The elegant-looking woman scolded, "Let go now. I will come back soon." She pushed the young girl away gently.

Tears were forming in the child's eyes and soon they were spilling out down the girl's little face.

"M-Mum...please." She sobbed, grabbing desperately onto any belonging of the cold-hearted woman.

"Be a good girl now, Aimee. I promise you I will come back."

An empty promise...

"AIMEE!"

I blinked and shot my eyes open while Seth was still shaking slightly. Worry and concern drifted through Seth's eyes; he sighed and lifted me onto a sofa.

"Aimee, what's wrong? You blanked out for a few minutes, scared me half to death." He murmured, hugging me securely close to his bare chest. I laid my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his torso, listening to his calming heartbeat.

"Sorry...I...yeah..." I mumbled into his chest, hiding my face with my hair.

He gave me small shake, "Tell me what's worrying you, Aimee."

I exhaled and spilled out the whole story as he listened silently, rubbing my arms when I get too emotional.

"Turns out to be an empty promise." I mumbled, gripping onto Seth's hand. He released my grip slowly and brought my hand onto his face.

"Aimee. Look at me in the eyes." He whispered soothingly.

I looked up; he was staring back intensely with love and care. I was overwhelmed and a tear escaped my eyes.

He wiped it away with his thumb, still holding his gaze.

"Aimee, I am here now and no one is ever going to take you away from me. I am going to fight back with everything I got. I will never leave you. Forget the past, Aimee." He whispered, "I am your present...and your future...if you want..."

I smiled faintly and nodded. He grinned, holding me tightly around the waist.

"Remember this, Aimee. I will never leave you. Never." He placed his soft lips on mine for a second. It was a kiss filled with love and passionate.

"And that is not an empty promise, Aimee."