008

As if it was twinstinct, Kiara had also graciously allowed herself to get drunk that night, similarly out of reparation for everything she had had to deal with over the past couple of days

As if it was twinstinct, Kiara had also graciously allowed herself to get drunk that night, similarly out of reparation for everything she had had to deal with over the past couple of days. The chateau being raided, the lighthouse, John B kissing her, and of course finding out her best friend has slept with her twin sister.

As a form of punishment, (since JJ had insisted he'd been drunk when the incident happened), Kiara challenged the boy not to drink for the night. And so, happily drunk along with John B, she watched JJ sit and sulk by the fire, only able to hit his vape. It brought a little peace of mind to her like he was in time out or something for his actions.

She was rocking on the hammock in a heated debate with Pope about how to talk to girls when she heard her phone ring. Noticing the caller ID she hesitated for a moment, unsure if she wanted to pick up, all things considered. Groaning, she reluctantly answered the call and held it to her ear.

"What do you want?" Kie snapped.

"Kiara," Riley slurred, "I need you to come pick me up."

"Come pick you up? Is this a joke?"

"Kie I'm r-really really drunk," the twin stammered over her words through the phone. "I'm at Topper's."

"Riley I can't pick you up, I-I-"

"Please Kiara," the girl begged.

"Yeah whatever, okay," she finally agreed and hung up the phone. Kiara got up from the hammock, having to steady herself as the world spun around her, and began to walk towards the van. She tried to swallow down the thoughts of how drunk she was, and also how incredibly nauseous she suddenly felt, and move towards the car without the boys noticing.

"Hey hey hey," JJ ran over to the girl. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I have to run an errand," she muttered.

"An errand?" JJ taunted. "Right and you're planning to drive to this... 'errand?'"

"Yes," she snapped. "How else would I get to Topper's house? Would you want me to walk?" She tried to push past him but he grabbed her shoulders, holding her into place so she wouldn't try and get in the van.

"Wait, woah, woah, woah," JJ said, screwing his eyes shut and shaking his head. "Topper's?"

"I have to pick up my dumbass sister because she's dumb, and an idiot, and doesn't know her tolerance, and-" Kiara suddenly felt a violent wave of nausea take over her body which interrupted her drunken speech. She was forced to clamp her mouth shut and hold her hand up to her lips.

"Yeah," JJ scoffed. "No way in hell are you getting in that van."

"She needs a ride," Kiara said behind gritted teeth, seriously trying to prevent herself from hurling all over JJ's shoes. JJ bit at his lip, a million thoughts running through his head, and one very obvious idea he knew was also a very, very bad one.