Remarried

Giyuu didn't dare to blink, the sight of Hakuji's surprised and dreaded face filled her with so much joy, as though she wanted to laugh at him. It felt good to get revenge, but it wasn't over yet.

"On one condition." The chorus started mumbling to themselves. Giyuu turned to the pope, the one who really had all the power here. At this moment his eyes widened a little, but just as quickly  regained their composure when their sight met.

"What will that be?" Looking towards the Emperor's face, Kagaya got to know that both of them had been keeping secrets and this definitely isn't one of Hakuji's plans.
Then, the dread and surprised face of the emperor turned into one of anger once the veils opened up and out came the prince of the west. He was shining with his silk embroidered white and golden robes that would make any girl swoon at the sight. His bright smile directed towards her and only her, shining just as bright as the sun, starting a fire in her heart that helped her feel safe enough to continue.

"To remarry with King Rengoku of the Western Kingdom." Kyojuro gripped her hand tightly as though he had waited for so long to hear those words from her.

"WHAT?!" His voice sounded just as loud and angry as that of Sabito's when she told him of the plan. "I FORBID THIS." And just as rejectful of it too.

But here, even if he was the emperor, he held no power compared to the ones chosen by divine intervention.

"I believe the one who should be talking is his holiness the Pope, Emperor Hakuji." Kyojuro said as the normal smile she saw turned into a frown upon looking at the sight of her former husband.

"Well then I acc–"
"NO." 
CLAP

The holy knight, once silent, stood now next to the ready-to-be-wed couple.

“His holiness has decided already, and his word shall be heard, or do I need to make it clear for his majesty?” The hall kept its silence, the sane watched and the others murmured to their friends. When the holy knight spoke, everyone would feel the weight of  his strong demeanor compelled to protect the words of his lord.

“Well then,” The Pope began to say, “I accept Empress Giyuu’s request to marry King Kyojuro.”

“The trial has now concluded.” Kyojuro felt all of his pressure leave his lungs, a wave of tranquility washed over him as he looked upon the aquamarine eyes. His only thought was the day when she first met her.

_________

“You can’t be serious, your highness.” The boy, his classmate and best friend stood in front like a wall preventing him from going out of the window’s fourth floor.

“It's just a night!”

“The night you could die!”

“You are being too dramatic, Obanai.” Rengoku pulled out a smirk as he patted the boy’s shoulders. “Lady Kanroji has softened you hasn't she-”

“YOU–” He was flabbergasted, Kyojuro, the righteous boy Kyojuro wasn't like this at all. He quickly grabbed the boy’s upper arms with a firm grip and said.  “Young lord Uzui and Shinazugawa did this, didn't they? Tell me Kyojuro, which secrets are they holding from you? I won't judge you and I will be sure to make them pay.” His snake, Kaburamaru, hissed to prove the boy’s point.

Kyojuro, on the other hand, lightly held his friend’s hands away. “I appreciate it, but this time it is out of my own volition,” His smile faded to show a serious determination, “I heard from my mother that the eastern empire had some secrets inside their walls. A huge library, full of books dating back even a thousand years ago.”