Cooper Siblings

Leonard stepped out of the way letting us walk inside the apartment. I could feel there was definitely going to be tension in the upcoming conversation the second the door closed. "Uncle Sheldon, are you moving back into town?" Aurora asked going to sit beside him on the bed.

"I was not planning to, Aurora. This was just a visit which is annoying because my brother refuses to make our mother happy." He grumbled glancing towards Georgie.

He was wearing a black leather jacket and I was in one of my old sweatshirts that I loved wearing when I was pregnant with Eve. Which funny enough, is actually one of her father's old ones. "Listen Sheldon, I managed to get him here to have a conversation. So let's try to be civil about this."

"I have nothing to apologize for." Sheldon got to his feet, arms crossed over his chest.

Georgie rolled his eyes at me and Leonard. "I told you this was a bad idea. Sometimes you can't patch a tire. You just got to buy a new one. Actually, that's always the case. Never patch, buy new."

"While I appreciate your folksy tire wisdom, I don't appreciate what you're putting Mom through." Sheldon fought back.

Shifting my gaze to the girls sitting on the bed I hand Aurora the hotel room key that had the room number on it. Feeling it was best to get them out of the room before a fight broke out like in the store. "Rora how about you and Eve go exploring. You have our phone numbers if something happens."

"Why are you always sending us out of the room?" Eve asked, sounding annoyed until I shot her a look. "Uh, forget I ask."

Aurora came over getting the key dragging Eve out of the room by her arm, sending us a look before she closed the door behind them. The second the door closed Geoegie raised his voice to his brother. "What would you know about what Mom's been through? You were never home."

"Yeah, this is good. Get it all out." Leonard sniffed through some tears.

Whipping my head around his direction I shouted like he was a child. "Leonard!"

"Not now!" Sheldon followed after Georgie yelling at his friend. "Shut up!"

Running a hand through my hair I started to feel a little sick to my stomach for some reason. It has to be from all the stress our past has brought up or maybe it was something else. Georgie sighed heavily, throwing his arm out. "You went away to college after Dad died. Who do you think took care of everything?"

"Mom did. Mom always took care of everything." Sheldon immediately replied back.

My husband ran a hand down his face frustrated that his brother thought that their mother would be that strong after such a loss. "Mom was a mess, Missy was a dumb teenager. I had to look after both of 'em....Y/n and I were the ones who had to deal with everything."

"I talked to Mom all the time. If she was upset, she would have told me." His little brother still didn't understand why he wasn't told about anything and yet we were so mad at him for doing nothing.

Georgie throws his hands up taking a step closer to him. He slumped his hands down to his sides walking beside him turning on his feet. "She was protecting you, you idiot, just like everyone always does."

"If things were bad, then why didn't you tell me?" He asked the older brother.

Georgie finally blurted out where I could hear his voice crack a bit when he spoke. "Because I was protecting you, too.

"You're my baby brother, Sheldon. I know life has been hard for you, but that don't mean it's been easy for the rest of us." He softly responds by sending me a look where I started wiping away some tears. Moving my other hand to my stomach I gulped feeling like I needed to throw up meaning it must have been some bad food from earlier.

Sheldon glanced over his shoulder to me where I saw that he had the confused expression on his face for probably the first time I have ever seen. "Is this true Y/n....I suppose I didn't think about how it was for everyone else."

"I'm sorry to say this Sheldon but it was hell for us." Slumping my shoulders I knew it was better to get it all out so we could just focus on being happy about the wedding. "On top of having to help your mom and sister out we had to both bust our asses to raise two girls who were full of energy. And through all of that Georgie successfully created a tire business which is how we support ourselves now..."

Georgie and Sheldon made eye contact when his older brother added on. "No, that's all right. I know you didn't."

"I'm sorry." Sheldon mumbles. "And it would mean a lot to me to have my big brother at my wedding."

Georgie gave him a half smile placing his hand on his brother's shoulder. "I wouldn't miss it." Sheldon just patted his hand.

"Is it me, or did we just patch a tire?" Leonard cracked his voice, almost bawling out tears making me half turn on my feet, eyeing him.

Sheldon turned to him, scoffing at his friend. "He said, "Never patch." Do you even listen?"

Smacking my forehead a little I moved past the boys needing to use the bathroom. Shutting the door I locked it behind me quickly grabbing the toilet. Once I was done I pushed my hair from my face sucking in a breath dialing a familiar number on my phone. "Connie, It's Y/n. I have to tell you something when you're free."

2 years after Texas Romance

"Agh! Connie, I need him here now.." I clutched her hand in mine feeling another contraction hitting me hard. I have been in the hospital in labor for about two days but I wasn't ready to deliver yet. Georgie was responsible for picking up Aurora from school then he was coming straight here yet he hadn't showed up yet.

She grasped my hand in hers moving her hand to tuck my hair behind my ear not caring if I was nearly breaking her hand. "You don't have to worry he will be here. He is always and will always be there for you, I know it."

Throwing my head back I bared my teeth hearing the door opened with Georgie rushing inside. "I'm sorry I'm late. Rora threw up in the backseat of the car and Missy is helping clean it up." He moved to the other side taking my other hand in his.

"Oh!...It's alright you're...you're here...that's all that matters." I winced having the doctor enter the room telling us that I was ready to push. Clutching Georgie and Connie's hands I pushed for almost twelve hours until the baby came out.

The nurse who was helping the doctor gently wrapped the infant in a blue blanket handing them to me. "Congratulations Mr and Mrs. Cooper. It's a girl."

Georgie pulled up a chair at my bedside wiping away some tears watching me. "Have you settled on a name by chance?" The doctor asked about leaving the room.

"We have. Can you give us a moment alone?" I asked lifting my head up not looking down at the baby until he had left the hospital room. Turning my head back down I felt happy tears slip down my face at the baby in my arms. The little sister that Aurora will have to always look out for and care about. "I have the middle name picked out. Georgie you pick the first name."

Connie stands on the other side of the bed. Mary and George were in the waiting room with a about four year old Aurora. Thankfully Missy didn't mind babysitting for us every once in a while. "What were you thinking for the middle name, Y/n?"

"I was thinking...Connie or Constance after you." Locking a deep gaze with the woman who would be the great grandmother to our children.

She teared up, bending down gently hugging me. I leaned into her hug hearing her giggle at the thought before she broke the hug. "Oh, thank you. Thank you...the both of you."

"I think we should call her Evelyn but like to call her Eve for short." Georgie responded back smiling down at his youngest daughter before I handed her over to him. Connie intertwined my hand with hers while I laid my head against her chest smiling at my husband.

Comments really appreciated ❤️