FIVE

KIM OPENED THE FRONT door in a sluggish manner, dropping her bag on the ground with a thud and closing the door behind her. closing her eyes, taking a deep inhale stretching her arms out, yawning, cracking a few joints here and there. she opened her eyes letting out an exhale and picking her bag back up. "you're getting old." darius called for his cousin after watching that whole scene unfold.

"i'm tired, and i can't even go to sleep after a long days of work. you'll understand one day!" kim headed for the stairs walking at a slow speed up them. going down the hallway, opening her room door and dropping her bag once again. she closed her door behind her and immediately started to strip to her undergarments. finally pausing and looking at her bed, that had a beautiful bouquet of her favorite flowers, marigold. they were ripe orange, as if they had just been picked.

kim furrowed her eyebrows as she walked over to the bed to investigate who could've gotten her flowers, finding the note. 'pretty flowers for a pretty girl, i see -boom' kim read and her eyes went wide. she started to panic wondering if he had stepped foot in her aunt's house. meech's goons were all over her house, meaning they could've saw him. kim walked over to her door, opening it just for her head to stick out. "darius!" kim's voice screeched.

"what?" darius yelled back from the living room, not wanting to get up from watching cartoons. "did boom come his ass in this house?" kim questioned, there was a brief pause and the cartoons were turned down.

"no. he told me to give them to you." he replied. just when kim was about to reply, the house phone started ringing. kim looked at her watch, and instantly went to the phone answering it with a bright smile. the operator read off the instructions and kim dialed the number she needed to excitedly.

"my kimberly." an husky voice sounded from the other end.

"pops."

"i heard the nut left the nuthouse." her father started off, he couldn't say too much because of the police possibly tapping his calls. kimberly's parents couldn't have any connection to each other while they served their time due to them being co-defendants. along with bringing lamar up by name because he's a possible victim in their 'crime'.

"yeah, he paid me a visit." kimberly debated on telling her father in the first place but she couldn't lie to him for long, besides she needed advice about security. her father was the one that built the shop and actually obtained valid business when it was being used by kim's mother.

"that motherf-"

"don't worry, i'm fine." kim interjected him not wanting him to get too angry about something he couldn't control. her father wanted to ask more questions, and you could tell by the deep sigh that was heard. but he couldn't compromise talking to his daughter while he was serving his time.

"i'm glad you called, i've been wanting to talk about the shop and how you would feel if i hired some employees to work there mainly for the generic stuff and i'll still do the specialities." kim proposed to her father, only for him to answer in silence. "it's giving people a chance to actual get mechanical skills, i can pay them out the pocket. it's just with all these meetings with pat i can't d-" kim started to go on more but she was cut short.

"you mean the old ass nigga? he drinks his own poison, babygirl."

"well, it's what i have for now. i can't do the whole boom boom right now." kim referred to boom in a sly manner and her father just smacked his lips. "i think it would be fine if you hire some. we don't owe our lives to the shop or anything. you still need a life, you never really signed up to get the shop this early." her father understood where she was coming from and that made her feel ten times better.

"you have thirty seconds remaining..."

"i'm going to put some stacks on your books as soon as i get a chance, pops. i love you." she told her dad quickly, knowing she had to wrap it up. "i love you too and tell mommy i love her too if you get a chance." was all her father could get out before the line was cut. kim smacked her lips at the phone, before hanging it up and tossing it on her bed. kim went over to her closet opening the doors, reaching for the top shelves for multiple shoeboxes.