"Chloe will have the Fettucine Al Carbonara," Jasper replied as he looked at me. Looking for clarification. The waitress' smile faded as she realized that Jasper wasn't even going to look at her.

"And Creme Brulee" I smile.

"It will be out soon," she said as she walked away. "I don't have any money with me," I told him. "I gave all of my money to Logan"

"Who said the beautiful lady was gonna pay," Jasper said with his southern drawl, I chuckled.

After a while, she placed a steaming plate of Fettuccine Al Carbonara in front of me and nothing in front of Jasper, and she left without a word.

"You're not eating? I mean, You are paying" I asked.

"I'm on a special diet," Jasper told me. "Like South Beach?" I asked. "Not exactly," he replied. I looked at him curiously as I took a bite. "So how 'bout some answers?" I asked. "Maybe," Jasper replied.

"How did you know where I was?" I asked. "I didn't," Jasper replied. I sighed. "Were you following me?" I asked.

"I feel very protective of you," Jasper told me. "So that's a yes?" I asked.

"Yes, I followed you. I tried to keep my distance...until you needed help," Jasper replied. "From what? I mean, you said that Hazel gave you her number to protect me," I asked.

"There are things you don't know even existed," Jasper hesitated.

"When you bumped into me, I felt your fear." "You felt my fear?" I repeated. Jasper nodded as I looked around. "Can you tell what everyone in here is feeling?" I asked.

Jasper nodded as he looked around.

"Busy, horny, selfish, horny, horny, and love," he replied as he looked at me. "And you, true love. Right now." I blushed.

"I don't know what to do with you," Jasper continued. "You seem like... a..." He trailed off "This is wrong," He lowered his voice.

The waitress came back bringing me the crème brûlée glaring at me, I ate it in silence. "Jasper....," I said as he got up. "You're cold. We should go," Jasper asked.

He pulled me up before I can ask any more questions, we got into Jasper's car as it sped along the two-lane highway.

I glanced at Jasper as if I might ask him more questions but he seems to be wrestling with his thoughts.

"I think I'm warm enough now," I said. As I reached for the heater dial he did as well. Our hands touched, and held a moment too long, an electric current ran, connecting us.

"Your hand, it's still cold, are you okay?," I noticed as he pulled his hand away, but I kept looking at it.

"No I'm okay" My attention shifts outside to flashing police lights. As we drive past the police station, a sheriff's car pulls away.

Mom and Dad's car is parked out front. "My parents are here, something must have happened,"

I said as Jasper pulled over Edward's Volvo pulled up as Jasper and I climbed. Bella and Edward climb out. Edward and Jasper then saw a second car next to the cruiser.

"That's our father's car. What's he- ?" Edward said as we looked inside.

In a pool of light, a distressed Mom, Dad, and Dr. Cullen study photographs and evidence.

As they wrap up their discussion, Dr. Cullen puts a sympathetic hand on Charlie's shoulder, then exited the police station looking grim. "Carlisle. What happened?" Jasper asked.