Preview

Present Time, 2013

“Gabriel..”

“Abigail..”

We both said at the same time, shocked.

He recovered first from the shock and smiled. The same infectious smile that would have also made me smile right now. But it isn’t working at the moment. How can I smile when my heart is beating really fast that I'm afraid it might burst out, literally. Add the fact that I’m still stunned because of the shock of seeing him again. 

He might have said something after a while because I noticed his lips moved but I wasn’t able to hear it.

Maybe because I’m too busy staring at him, making sure that it’s really him standing in front of me, or because I can’t hear him over my very loud heartbeat, which I think is connected to speakers, or maybe, both.

“You do know that staring is rude, right?” He said chuckling after sometime.

That caused me to come out of my trance.

“Sorry, I .. I just can’t believe I’m seeing,.. I’m seeing you right now.” I said slightly stuttering.

“That’s probably because I’m still alive or, uhm maybe I’m already dead and you just have psychic powers.” He replied still smiling, “Do you?”

I stared at him confused.

“I mean do you have psychic powers?” He said now grinning.

I chuckled and smiled, “None that I know of. So I guess I’m seeing you right now is because you’re alive.”

“I missed your smile.” He suddenly said while looking at me, now with a sad smile.

My smile disappeared because I don’t know how to respond to that, so I just looked at the floor. 

I heard him sigh and said, “Here I am, trying to erase the awkwardness by making you smile, in which I succeeded but then I had to make things awkward again.”

That made me look at him again. Remembering the reasons of the awkwardness, of why I’m shocked that he’s here and of why my heart is wildly beating just because of seeing him.

 ***********************************************************************************

A/N: Hello po everyone! This story, which is my first, is a result of my Ashrald “addictness”. :D This is partly just for fun and mostly because I'm missing AshRald. :(  And I wanna apologize in advance for any grammar and spelling mistakes because I wrote this in English, feeling ko kasi mas mahihirapan ako sa Tagalog kahit taga Pinas ako at tsaka mas mahaba yung words sa tagalog. :) At kahit po ganun ay sana magustuhan pa rin po ninyo. Kaya habang hindi pa nagupdate yung ibang mga writers after lumabas yung mga choserang issues na yun, ito lang muna basahin niyo. ;)

P.S. Comments and constructive criticisms are accepted! Apply now! LOL