An Untimely End? (Chapter 16)

Start from the beginning

"Stop...t-that! If you....you- YoU don't I'll bite your hand off!"
I struggled to find my words as my mind was running off in different directions.

"Gahh what is wrong with humans? Why do I feel so weird suddenly?!? Oh god, help!"
I thought as he let go of my cheek after my threat. For a second he almost looked disappointed or sad, I squint my eyes in disbelief

"I must have miss looked there is no way he is that childish."
I thought as I continued to stare at his face

"Oh, I think I got it! Revenge?"
He stated an amused look on his face as he put his hand to his chin in a thinking manner

I stayed silent, he wasn't wrong and it irritated me. I was read like a book falling into every trap he laid. How was I ever even trying to win against him?
He had won already and was only playing along because of his little sisters liking towards Mokke. Now, this was emotional damage.

"I don't remember doing anything to a Mokke. Explain further."
Teru demanded while leaning forward to study my face.

I continued to not give a sound from me as tears welled in my eyes before gushing down in streams, I bit my lip in complete fury and in an attempt to keep any sniffles to myself.

"I'll have to ask you to leave now, Teru."
Minka's passive-aggressive voice finally cut into the scene.

She was fully blocked from my sight due to Teru's height.

"I don't think I need to remind you to not exorcize supernaturals in here?
On top of that my customers don't seem to appreciate your company."
She placed a hand on his shoulder making a shiver strangely run down my spine.

But to my surprise he didn't retaliate, Teru gave me one last stare. First I thought there was pity in his gaze but his eyes were freezing cold as he announced a last sentence, clear and loud.

"Stop your shenanigans by tomorrow or I'll find a way to deal with you."
For the first time since he arrived, he was dead serious. He turned his back to me as he put his Katana back into its sheath.

A gloomy Aura mixed with dim whispers lingered in the room. His footsteps creaked as he made his way to the door. Full of himself that he had shut the great Mokke rebellion down.

"You can return when you learned to read rules~"
Minka said while waving goodbye with one hand and with the other pointing at the huge wooden sign reading "no exorcism"

He didn't turn around as he put his hand up in a dismissing manner.

No matter my next steps I was set up to fail which might as well be worse than just straight up Getting exorcized. In a way, it was crueller which probably made the sadistic exorcist sleep better at night.

However that was probably what he thought but for me not giving up now was in a way already a win, considering he was so sure we would give up now.

But what would be the consequences of continuing? Giving up now would leave all of us uninjured and happy...as happy as you could be in such a world.

My thoughts were interrupted as I felt the string around me loosen. It took the wheels in my head a bit till they turned and I loudly exclaimed
"OH no...NONONO!"

"AhhhhhHhHh!!! eugh.."
I scream as the string removed itself and air rushed against my face. I could barely put my hands in front of me to block off the fall when the impact rattled through my bones.

"Ow, ow, ow"
I curled on the ground my vision shaking. Maybe it wasn't the best choice to go against him after all.

I was laying on the cold hard ground, defeated. No muscle tensed in my face while tears oozed from my eyes. A plain ticklish feeling accompanied the rolling droplets as they formed a wet puddle under my cheek.

"Hey! (Y/n) a-are you alright?"
I could feel the soft squishy Mokke paws wrap around my face lifting it up. I blink my blurred vision away letting the last drops roll.

Mint was in front of me, guilt, fear but overall relief visible in its eyes.

"So you are alive!"
It mumbled pressing itself against my cheek as a hug.

My sorrow started being replaced by an uncomfortable feeling, shame. I was their leader crying on the ground. Sucking in a breath I replaced my defeated expression with a neutral one.

"Idiot... We are already dead. I would've disappeared."
I say before sitting up and rubbing my eyes. The picture in front of me was finally clear, all my friends were staring in admiration.

"Pfft, and here I hoped you wouldn't have noticed."
As I heard the little creature a small but stupid smile tugged at my corners.

"Omg did you guys just quote me and Ink from chapter 2?"
Bubble interrupted making us look at it confused.

"Oh uh never mind, it wasn't the exact dialogue anyway..."
It said looking at the ground disappointed

"Aghh! You ruined their moment!"
Cotton scolded bonking the smaller Mokke on the head while Ink just stood, shaking its head

"Whatever! (Y/n) you are the coolest fighter I've ever seen!"
Bubble twisted and jumped with energy and excitement

"Yea, I told you guys he is brave!"
Mint chirped

"Guys, does Mint talk a lot about me?"
I question with a grin

"You gave yourself away there..."
Ink facepalmed making Mint strangely panic

"Anyways, I think I made my decision now. Guys, call me fighter! Because I'll mop the floor with him!"
I cheered putting my fist up as I announced that there would be no giving up any time soon.

"OUR FIGHTER!"
They all praised as our little world felt complete then and there.

It almost made me wonder if what I was doing was necessary. Warmth, strength, and friends were all around me was revenge really what I needed?

"I can't wait to complete our plan!"
Mint announced making me forget the silly thought as the atmosphere returned in the odd shop.

"Let's celebrate with cake!"
Bubble says while waving at the waiter who happens to be Mitsuba.

It got later and later as we ate, laughed and drank grape juice. Mint, Ink and I strategized while Bubble and Cotton were making Mistuba bake cookies while they played cards.

We had no other choice than to take down Teru before Hanako. If we didn't Teru would stop us tomorrow be it by exorcizing us or something far worse than we could imagine.

We had concluded that his siblings are his weaknesses. With Kou's help, we could probably get Teru to give up his weapon.
Which we could then use against him if everything goes according to plan.

I had my doubts since Teru is an opponent not to be underestimated, but I'm sure if anyone here, Mint was most aware of what a skilled fighter Teru was. I trusted my Comrade to make the right judgment but what I didn't trust was Ink's awkward behaviour.

Now, not to say I didn't trust Ink, I trust the whole crew without their help this would be impossible. It was just that I was worried about the fella. After all this time, it hadn't opened up to anyone except Bubble who it seemed to cling to. Ink usually was rather quiet but today it was zoning out which was concerning since it usually observed everything and was pretty sharp.

As the night went on everyone slowly retreated to their home, leaving Minka, me and Mistuba...MITSUBA?!

"Hey! Hey! Minka! Not to say- I don't waaaaaAannaAaaa share my bed with Mitsuba but...I don't wanna share my bed with Mitsuba!"
I whine and the other ghost complained

"No way I'm sharing a bed with this dude! The one-bed trope is CRInGe!!"