Chapter Eleven: The Secret Room of Shortcuts

Start from the beginning

"Wow," he said, before noticing Amity walking towards him and Luz with her abomination carrying some of her books. "Hey, Amity!"

Amity smiled at them with a blush. "Hey, Booker! Hey, Luz!" she said, as her abomination mirrored her movements. "Congrats on getting in. And not being in the baby class."

"Thanks, Amity! Up top!" Luz said, holding up her hand for a high-five. Amity happily did so, slapping her hand. Amity's abomination slaps Luz's face, leaving abomination mud behind.

Booker laughed and held out his fist to Amity. "That was pretty good!" He said. However, the girl stepped back and looked at his fist with wide eyes. "Oh, that's right. This is called a fist bump in my world. All you have to do is hit my fist."

Amity looked confused at this. Looking at her own fist, she did as he said and softly punched his fist with hers. She didn't want to hurt him. "Huh, that felt good," said the green-haired witch.

Booker smiled at her....before getting punched in the face by Amity's abomination.

Luz and Amity giggled at that as he tried wiping off the mud. Amity and her abomination walk off as Luz said, "Wow, our first day at Hexside. A chance to discover my true magical potential. And maybe meet a hot yet vulnerable upperclassman."

"You know I'm right here?" Booker grumbled.

"Dream on!" To the surprise of the kids, King popped out of Booker's backpack.

"King?!" Booker exclaimed.

"Boop!" King poked his cheek, then jumped out and landed on the ground.

"Why are you in my bag?" Booker asked.

"You're a free ride to the best buffet in town! Nyah!" King hopped onto and climbed into a trash can. He popped out with a half-eaten doughnut. "The trash cans here are filled with half-eaten gold!"

"Okay, but if anyone asks, you don't know us," Luz said before she and Booker walked away.

"Have a wonderful school day, person-I-don't-know!" King waved off to them. He was about to go back to whatever he was doing when he saw an Abomination track student standing in front of him.

"I really needed to hear that," said the student.

At the main staircase leading into the school, Willow and Gus waited for their friends to show up. When they did, they smiled and greeted them.

"Luz! Booker!" They exclaimed together.

"What's up, Hexsiders!" Booker said with a grin.

"Hello, classmate!" Willow said with a wink. "Congratulations on passing the entrance exam!"

At this, Gus drew a magic circle and summoned letters that read out "BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!" Booker and Luz raised an eyebrow while Willow glared at him. "Sorry, I was, uh, covering all my bases," Gus said sheepishly.

"So, do you know who those witches are?" Willow asked, gesturing to the nine banners Booker and Luz passed. Each banner had what appeared to be a person in them. "Those are the heads of the main nine covens. Each one excelled at a magic school like Glandus, St. Epiderm, and, of course, Hexside. Are you prepared to enter these hallowed halls?"

"That's what we're about to find out," Booker said with a smirk.

"See you on the other side, friends," said Luz as she and Booker ran up the stairs to head to the principal's office.

"See you later!" Gus said, summoning another message. This time, the letters spelled out 'GOODBYE FOREVER!' Willow glared again with a WTF expression at the illusionist. "You know what? I'm uh, I'ma just get rid of these."