Meet the Family

(Y/n) POV:

Today I am meeting Selena's family. I've heard about them but I've never met them yet. They're apparently super nice based on how Selena talks about them.

I was getting ready for dinner while Selena was fixing her makeup. I fixed my tie and ran a hand through my hair.

"Are you nervous?" Selena asked me. "I mean a little, but not too much." I shrugged. I smiled at her and kissed her cheek. She smiled back and gave me a kiss on the lips.

We soon parted to get in the car. I drove us to the restaurant where we we're having dinner. It wasn't too far from our house.

"There they are!" Selena exclaimed and rushed over to her parents. They all hugged and I followed behind.

"Mom, dad, this is (Y/n)." Selena introduced. I held my hand out and shook her fathers hand. "It's very nice to meet you guys, Selena speaks very highly of you." I told them.

"Selena!" Another voice shouted and a little girl ran into her arms. "Hi Gracie!" She cooed and gave her a hug. "Is that (Y/n)?!" The little girl squealed. "Yeah, that's him!" Selena nodded. The girl then gave me a bone crushing hug. "It's nice to meet you." I told the girl. "Selena talks about you all the time, she has lots of pictures of you." Gracie told me.

We sat down at the table and talked. Selena's parents asked me a lot of questions about myself. It was kinda crazy. I've never talked about myself so much.

"And do you make music?" Selena's mom asked me. "Yeah, it's not my main priority though. I'm more of an actor than a singer." I explained. "Do you write songs about Selena?!" Gracie asked excitedly. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't. You'll have to listen to find out." I teased her. "She writes songs about you, you should write songs about her too!" Gracie pointed out.

We ordered our food a while ago and it showed up after like an hour. But it's pretty busy here.

We ate and talked at the same time. I would answer some questions before taking another bite of food so I didn't look horrible for talking while eating.

"I like him, he's much better than Justin. He's more of a sweetheart than Justin was." I heard Selena's mom whisper to her dad. He just nodded in response.

I held Selena's hand under the table as we all talked about random stuff. And we talked about celebrity drama. Mostly Hailey Bieber, she has a weird obsession with Selena. It pisses me off, she's trying to make sure Selena doesn't want Justin or tries to get Justin back.

As the dinner went on Selena and I ended up kinda sharing a chair. She was like half on mine and half on hers. I just wrapped my arm around her shoulder and let her rest on me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and sighed in content.

By the end of the dinner everyone was getting tired. We parted ways and went back home to get some rest. But I think it was very successful, the whole family seems to love me.