|33| • Amelia

Magsimula sa umpisa

She shrugged, "About a hundred? I don't know."

I nodded, phew.

"Oh, my name is Amelia." After taking her order, she turned towards me with a blank expression. "And?" The woman asked, I would have thought she was pulling my leg again but her expression begged to differ. "This is the part where you tell me your name."

She smirked, again.

"Binta."

Binta? I hadn't heard that name before. "That's a nice name." Binta shrugged, maybe she'd heard that before, but it was a nice name. In an odd way, it suited her.

Binta was plump on her lower side but had a slimmer upper body. Her face seemed too intimidating when she wasn't smirking - perhaps, even more, when she was. Her hair was curled and rested at the top of her head without coming down. She rose a questioning eyebrow. "Are you done checking me out?" She teased. Waving my hands in my face, I laughed it off.

"Oh, sorry about that. It was rude of me." I didn't realise I was blatantly staring at her, my cheeks heated in embarrassment. "I'm kidding, again. Learn to take a joke, Amelia." Her hand cupped my shoulder, shaking me lightly.

"I hope your boyfriend likes the coffee cake." She said with a smile, my head snapped towards her, my heart jumping. Boyfriend? "He's not my boyfriend! I mean, not yet?" Ah, if I didn't stop, I'd begin to ramble again. Nervously, my hand went to scratch my neck. Binta hummed, pointing up, "Yet. You hoping he pops the question?" She teased with a grin.

Gosh, my palms were getting sweaty. It wouldn't be bad if Evie popped the question during our picnic, was he going to? My head was heated at the thought. His girlfriend. I hadn't thought much about it but now that I was, my tummy was doing flips on the spot. Did he want me to be his girlfriend? I knew he said something between those lines but...ah good Lord, I was thinking too much about this.

Blinking back to reality, I noticed Binta was still there, staring at me with an amused expression. "You know what? Don't answer that, I already know it's a yes."

Ah...I was way too obvious, wasn't I?

Blushing, I nodded to her question. "T-that doesn't mean I'd be disappointed if he doesn't." The last thing I wanted was for him to feel pressured to do so, I wanted to take things slow, I'd never had a boyfriend before, but I'm sure he'd had plenty. Thinking of another woman hugging and kissing him made my tummy swirl in a way I didn't like.

Gosh, I was not going to get jealous of his past. I was his present.

My head was hot.

Really hot.

Look at me putting myself as his present, ah, gosh. I was making this worse for myself. "A-Anyways." I chuckled, trying to shrug off the obvious silence. Binta slapped her hand to her lips, her shoulders heaving.

"You're so adorable!" She said, bursting out in laughter. The way she laughed made me flustered, my rambling was adorable. Evie said the same. Narrowing my eyes, I puffed my cheeks. Should I be offended or glad? I didn't even know. "I see what your man sees in you. Ah, you're so easily flustered, it's cute." She continued, wiping her eyes.

"Amelia, right? Give me your number, you just earned a new friend." Binta stretched out her hand, looking at her palm, I quickly rummaged through my bag, getting my phone. A new friend! My lips betrayed me and stretched into a silly smile.

Binta put her number in, "Text me alright? I'd love to hear how the date goes. And if he pops the question." She whispered the ending with a wink. My cheeks flushed.

"O-okay. I will. Bye Binta." She waved, sashaying away with a bag full of five coffee cakes. I found myself smiling while she walked out of the coffee shop.