Francesca leans back in her seat, letting out a sigh, but her eyes never leave her hands, not wanting to meet his own scrutinising gaze.

"Not to fear," The principal says with a small smile, noticing her nervousness, "I didn't get you in here to reprimand you, I'm here to help you get those credits."

Fran nodded, looking up as the man adjusted the monitor in front of him, her report now visible to her. She looked at the grades as he itched at his neck uncomfortably - they didn't look too bad, she was only behind in a couple of subjects.

"You're only a couple away," He says, putting his hand on the table as it twitches slightly, the movement making her eyes jump to it, "You just need to get your English up, and you're good to go."

Francesca rolls her eyes at this, looking down to the floor in frustration. Is this country really that fucking obsessed with the English language?

"I printed this out for you," He then announced, putting a pile of paper onto the desk, the small slam making her sit back, "They're practice papers for you to do in your own time."

"More homework?" She asks him, face cringing slightly as she looks up at him, less than pleased with his plan to help.

"Don't see it as homework," He shakes his head, coughing into his hand, and shaking his. head, his eyes watering as if something was caught in his throat, "See it as an opportunity to learn. It's simple comprehension tasks, each one should take less than thirty minutes. If you do one for every free period you have, you'll get them done in no time. I promise."

Before she could even respond, he broke out into another coughing fit, this time standing up and pushing away from his desk, the action made Francesca squirm in her seat, a little revolted as he didn't cover his mouth.

His whole body shook with the pure force of the coughs, as if he wasn't in control. His harsh grip on the side of the window was the only thing stopping him from completely hunching over. He looked like he wanted to throw up, and it was beginning to worry the senior.

"Are you okay?" She asks quietly as the man hunches over completely. The coughs turn into gags, the idea of him throwing up enough to get Francesca out of her seat, slowly moving towards the door, "I should get the nurse?"

He holds out his hand behind him then, a gesture of stop clear as he gasps for air, his arm snapping into an inhuman position that makes Francesca flinch, increasingly more uncomfortable by the situation.

There was a tense silence between the two, the only noise being Principal Hopkins getting his breath back, and singular, small little coughs that he involuntarily let out. He was still faced away from her, making her all the more nervous as she stared at the back of his head.

Something about what was happening felt wrong. A bad feeling crawling up Francesca's throat and she swallowed harshly.

"Principal Hopkins?" She asks quietly, breaking the tense silence. She doesn't get a coherent response, only a small screech, that makes her eyes widen. It sounded inhuman.

"Principal Hopkins?" She then repeats herself, only for his head to quickly snap to look at her, his eyes were teary from all the coughing, and harsh veins could be seen on his neck, as if the man had been straining. His look was cold, a complete contrast to how he had been just minutes ago.