Execution Stopped! (Chapter 8)

Start from the beginning

If they didn't know about Aizen's schemes of betraying soul society, this would have been a lie since he wouldn't have left such threats to walk around. Not to mention, Naruto's secret investigation had led him to learn that the Ryoka who had been causing havoc around Soul Society was from the Shiba clan.

Yamamoto was intending to give some leniency to the Ryoka given that they would be needing more manpower to replace the three captains. It's just up to the Shiba to show his merits.

"Thank you very much!" Said Rukia with a smile on her face, happy to see that her request was heard and accepted by the head captain.

"How cruel. He has no intention of sparing them." Isane muttered unaware that Yamamoto was actually going to spare them but she didn't need to know for the moment.

"It is not cruelty, Isane. It is compassion." Said Unohana appearing to witness the execution as she decided to keep appearance.

"Captain Unohana! Where have you been?" Asked Isane surprised at seeing her captain who was late to arrive.

"If this is the unavoidable fate, the least we can do is ease her of any worries...and give her some peace of mind." Said Unohana sympathetically not answering Isane earlier question as they watched the Kidō corps member walk before surrounding the Sōkyoku.

The Kidō corps members started doing hand signs which caused their spiritual pressure to rise as the ropes started to unwind and shoot away from the hills piercing the ground.

The red ropes binding Rukia hands were removed by itself as three blocks floated from the ground of the Sōkyoku takka which carried Rukia to the air as she floated looking down at the head captain and most importantly her brother who turned his back on her.

She looked at Naruto who gave her a comforting look as if to tell her that everything will be okay. She hopes that he was right and that she and the other Ryoka can be saved and spared.

"Nanao-chan...Don't look so sad. You'll make me sad, too." Said Shunsui to his lieutenant who appeared to be scared since this was probably the first time in her life witnessing the Sōkyoku being unsealed and used.

"It's not sadness." Said Nanao as she looked down, unable to express how she truly felt at the moment.

Intense fire erupted from the Halberd as it floated in the air pointing it's sharp end towards Rukia Kuchiki before the flames took the shape of a phoenix-like entity called Kikōō.

"It's shape–!" Muttered Soifon as this was also her first time seeing this including Naruto himself who was slightly in awe even if he knew about it.

"This is Kikōō, the true form of the Sōkyoku when it's activated. Its power is equivalent to that of a million Zanpakutō. Its purpose is self explanatory which is to vaporize the soul of the criminals." Naruto said explaining to those who are ignorant.

Many of the lieutenants except Sasakibe and Soifon to some degree gulped nervously at seeing the massive Phoenix. The captains, while maintaining their composure were still in awe and surprised.

"This is a surprise!" Muttered Kyoraku to himself as he adjusted his hat since the heat was bright so it was hard to simply stare at it.

"Kiko-Oh!" called out Yamamoto as he stood facing the captain's direction with Rukia floating behind him with a nervous look seeing the large Phoenix of the Sōkyoku directed towards her.

"The Halberd of the Sōkyoku has taken on its true form as the officiating executioner to render the Ultimate punishment! It will impale the condemned, thereby ending the execution." Said Yamamoto announcing the start of the execution by giving an opening speech.