𝟗 | 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

"I don't mind, actually...." my eyes meet hers, affirming my opinion. "....I would mind you being the one, he dates."

Ever since I've heard Ryuji became the Dragon Pillar, those two have been together. He practically taught her many breathes, and especially when one of the pillars saved the Kocho sisters. That's only little information I knew, as I've never met any Pillars than my brother, Kanae and the previous water Pillar.

"Really, wait......." stepping closer, I could tell she was surprised. "......you mean it? You're not weirded out?"

Scoffing softly, "To be honest, I'd rather you than anyone else," I admit softly, as she slips my uniform top completely off. With my bandaged binds wrapped around my chest, she was able to properly gauze my shoulder.

A soft contented smile laces upon her lips, "That makes me feel a little better, thank you......Hayami,"

Her soft delicate hands drift across my tainted skin, as she neatly binds up my wounded shoulder. With bruises heavily discolouring my skin, and scratches visible to the eye, I knew she wouldn't let me fight until at least three days or more if I'm requested in.

Yet, that would only keeping Ryuji away from me more, which left me alone.

I hated to admit it......

A heavy sigh drifts from her lips when a knuckle meets my temple, "Seriously, Yami.....you need to take better care for yourself," She scowls, as her personality completely switches instantly. Her hands rest upon her hips. "At least come here after three missions, unless your not heavily wounded. Your care will prevent further damage for others, it will only burden everyone else."

I pout softly, "I try, just can't be bothered travelling that far,"

She clicks her teeth repeatedly while shaking her head, trailing back to grab some healing oil. Hearing outside the bells chiming together, a soft jingle follows while hearing the fusuma doors open. My eyes instantly shift over to meet with a familiar face, and a young girl I don't seem to recognise.

Kanae spun around, "Oh sister, glad to have you here," She softly muses, while grabbing a few paper towels and oil heading back to me. "Did you bring little Kanao? Isn't she sleeping?"

Shinobu shook her head, "She doesn't seem to be settling in, and she tosses and turns," looking defeated by it all. "Also she doesn't talk, what do I do sister?!"

My attention shifts upon the young child, who seems to be not much younger than ten years old. Her raven hair was neatly placed up in a side ponytail, with a similar butterfly pinned at the hair tie, as her small bangs framed her cute petite face.

"Another sister?" I assume, lifting my eyes to Kanae.

Shaking her head she applies the lavender oil to the painful bruises, against my arms softly and tenderly.

"We adopted her about a week or two ago," She replies softly, while holding a painful smile through her response. Shinobu hums softly while walking around, placing little Kanoe upon the bed not far from where I sat. Her little legs swing on the side, while her eyes look at mine with curiosity noticing she was rather quiet for a child.

Something might've happened, but I didn't have the heart to ask. It might bring back memories, that could haunt her.

"I see....."

"I've heard you're gonna be training under your brother, as his Tsugoku," Shinobu spoke up, joining beside me carefully. "Is that true?"

"Don't know, hope so......" I reply, with uncertainty lacing in my voice. ".....he hasn't spoken to me since I've become a slayer, so I doubt I'll be able to speak with him for awhile or so."