DON'T LET ME SLEEP TOO LONG

CROSSHAIRS VESSEL!──

SYNOPSIS!

In a theoretical apocalypse, cockroaches are the ones who survive the longest. You know that best, your family was full of them. Salivating mandibles clicking in excitement at the thought of ascending a higher station, appointed importance by simply lingering long enough. Prey for your type is practically nonexistent so being an assassin has rendered you oxymoronic. You are simply at the hands of something more significant than you will ever be. This life has never been in service of you but when there's a blade in your hand─you feel potential.

OR

There are thousands of your kind spread across continents doing what they can to remain akin with a common ancestor. You are simply a subset in your phylogenetic tree, survival is your mutual objective. Do what you can to achieve it.

PLAYLIST!

I.ROCK MINUET, LOU REED
HE TOOK HIM TO AN ALLEY AND THEN PULLED A KNIFE
AND THOUGHT OF HIS FATHER, AS HE CUT HIS WINDPIPE

II. THE OVERLOAD, TALKING HEADS
I'M TOUCHED BY YOUR PLEAS
I VALUE THESE MOMENTS

III. TRANSMISSION, JOY DIVISION
LEFT TO BLIND DESTRUCTION, WAITING FOR OUR SIGHT
WE WOULD GO ON AS IF NOTHING WAS WRONG

IV. MEMORIES, PUBLIC IMAGE LTD.
FULL OF EXCUSES
FALSE CONFIDENCE
SOMEONE HAS USED YOU WELL

V. REPTILE, THE CHURCH
AND YOU WANT TO BITE THE HAND
SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THIS LONG AGO

VI. JUST LIKE HONEY, THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN
WALKING BACK TO YOU
IS THE HARDEST THING
I CAN DO

VII. HOMESICK, THE CURE
SO JUST ONE MORE, JUST ONE MORE GO
INSPIRE IN ME THE DESIRE TO NEVER GO HOME

VIII. R U EXPERIENCED, DEVO
BUT WHO IN YOUR WORLD
ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE
THAT YOU'RE MADE OUT OF GOLD

NOTES!

001. a lot of stories i have are literally about losing autonomy and being of service to someone else. wah wah you are the architect of your own doom like cry me a river. idk but i think a lot of jojo is like that where someone has to serve a greater purpose than themselves and what fulfills them (or the purpose is the only thing that fulfills them).

002. cockroach metaphor scratched such an itch in my brain like can you tell im obsessed with biology. i dont think ill keep it up for the rest of the story but it was fun to come up with.

003. 70s new wave you will always be famous. btw the rock minuet is meant to be listened to as the ann's warehouse live version cause lou reed fucked up a good song with that shitty distorted guitar.

003. crosshairs vessel contains the following: canon-typical violence, graphic depictions of violence, period-typical homophobia, period-typical transphobia, substance abuse, slight canon divergence, vulgar language, mentions of death, major character death, slow burn.