Alex Zverev

Walking into the stadium with my friend a couple steps ahead of me. I look to my right and see the restrooms.

"Hey I gotta go to the bathroom." I said to my friend. "Ok, I'll get us checked in and food." She said looking around at all the people.

Walking to the bathroom I think about how I got here. In New York, at the US OPEN, when I know nothing about tennis.

Losing my train of thought when I accidentally bump into someone.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I profusely apologize to the man, and help pick up his stuff.

A deep accented voice says right by my ear "It's ok, no need to apologize." I look up and lock eyes with a very attractive man. Very attractive.

Standing up, patting myself down. The need to use the bathroom is gone.

After handing his things back I apologize again. "Again I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

He looks at me with soft blue eyes and says "You don't have to apologize."

"Are you playing?" I ask now aware he has a racket.

"What?" He asks.

"Your racket, are you playing?" I point to his racket, and gesture to his outfit attire.

"Oh yes, I'm on my way now. How did you not recognize me earlier?" He asks confused.

" I don't watch or know anything about tennis, I'm here with my friend who's an expert." I confess embarrassed, talking to a pro player.

"If I can have your number I can give you a few tips." He states smirking at me.

"Very smooth tennis boy, but you don't even know my name." I point out smiling up at him.

He holds out his hand. "Alex Zverev" He smiles. I smile back and put my hand in his hand. His hands are very smooth and big. "Haley Rune" I say.