Chapter 8 - Demon Blood

Start from the beginning

Alexia breathes a sigh of relief.

After another while, the door in front is opened.

"Finally! Finally, I have gotten my hands on it!"

The person who comes in is a skinny man wearing a lab coat.

His cheeks are hollow, his eyes are sunken, and his lips are cracked.

His sparse hair is sticking to his skin and giving off a horrible smell.

Alexia quietly observes the man.

"Blood of the royals, blood of the royals, blood of the royals!"

Blood of the royals.

The man continues to repeat that phrase while taking out a contraption connected to a thin needle.

It seems that he intends to draw her blood. The royal physicians have done it to her a few times before, so she recognizes what that contraption is.

But.

She does not understand why this man wants her blood so badly that he would go to the trouble of kidnapping her.

"May I ask something?"

Alexia's voice is steady.

"N, nn?"

The man replies to Alexia with some weird grunting.

"Why do you want my blood?"

"Y-, y-, your blood is demonic blood. It can revive the demons in this day and age!"

Alexia has no idea what he's talking about, but at least she can gather that he is not right in his head and that he is in some sort of a cult.

"But it would be a bit of a problem if you draw too much of my blood. I'm not quite ready to die yet."

"Hihi, hi, n-, no worries. I want a, a lot so I'll c-, come everyday to d-, drain a little at a time."

"Wonderful, let's go with that then."

As long as this man needs her blood, then chances are low that she would be killed.

Do not resist, remain cooperative. Alexia determined that her best choice of action at the moment is to wait for rescue.

"It, it wasn't supposed t-, to be like this. It was all the f-, fault of those i-, idiots!"

"I understand, I hate idiots too."

'Because dealing with you is tiring', whispers Alexia to herself while looking at the man in the lab coat.

"M-, my research, all, all destroyed! They got to that idiot Olba first."

"That's right, that idiot Olba was the first."

"After that, again and again, and AGAAAIIINNNN! AAAARRRRRHHHHH!"

"How terrible. It must have been hard on you."

"YES, YES IT WAS! MY, MY RESEARCH IS SO CLOSE! SO CLOSE, SO CLOSE, BUT IF I DON'T FINISH IT, I'LL, I'LL BE EXCOMMU-, EXCOMMUNICATEEDDD...!"

"What, how could they!"

"SH-, SHIT, SO USELESS, SO USELEESSSS!"

The man in the lab coat rushes toward the chained-up monster and kicks it violently.

Again and again, he kicks it and stomps on it.

The monster simply curls up and does not react.

"Weren't you going to draw my blood?"