"you're freezing. why are you even outside in just a shirt?"

silence.

"dude, talk! the whole reason i let you come up is so you can talk."

silence again.

bianca rolls her eyes, turning her body fully towards the center of her bed, getting under the covers and tucking herself in whilst chris sits by her bay window like an idiot, wrapped around in a pink blanket. "if you won't talk, i'm going to sleep. you know your way out." she then places her satin sleeping mask over her eyes, curling up into a ball as if there isn't a boy just by her window.

"i need you to do me a favor."

ah, the devil finally speaks.

"why?" bianca grumbles, her sleeping mask still on, not bothering to slide it up. "aren't i already doing you a favor? a big one, might i add."

chris sighs, "i know. . . this one is just important, i guess, i don't know."

"what is it?" she mutters.

"there's a party tomorrow and i need you to go with me."

"you want me to hold your hand too so you won't get lost in the crowd?"

"this is serious, bianca," he mutters, his voice laced with annoyance. bianca can picture him combing his tousled hair back, it's a habit she noticed that he does often when he's annoyed. . . which is all the time.

"how?"

"it's a family gathering, tomorrow, at my house and amyra's family is coming too."

bianca sits up immediately, her sleeping mask now resting just above her forehead whilst her eyes are wide open. "what? why is she going to your gathering?"

"it's complicated."

bianca squints her eyes, "enlighten me."

"our families became close when, we, were. . ." chris coughs, smoothly avoiding the topic, "and began inviting them to every gathering. they think that even after we broke up, we're still good friends."

bianca hums in response, pursing her lips together whilst she remains silent.

"so, what do you say?"

bianca rolls her eyes, "fine."

chris lets out a sigh of relief, his head leaning down with his eyes fluttered shut. he thought she was going to decline and that he wasted his time coming to her house, rehearsing in his head what to say to her knowing she is not very easy to talk to.

"in one condition," bianca interrupts his thoughts, making him freeze in his seat. "you tell me what happened between you and kendall."

"you're still on that?"

yes, she is.

"yes, i'm waiting."

"no."

"dude, what happened that you're so secretive about it?"

"nothing."

"okay, so tell me if it's nothing."

"no."

bianca lets out a mocking defeated sigh, "then, i guess you're on your own. good night, close the window on your way out." she puts her sleeping mask over her eyes once more, turning her body to the other side so her back is facing his silhouette, tuning him out completely as slumber takes over.