I was drawn in by his attention, oddly compelled.

This is the first time a guy paid attention to me. Besides to with sex with me, or my mom. "I would miss my family to much" I replied, smiling. "But now you're unhappy," Jasper asked me.

"No...," I replied.

"This place needs to be a little more fun now that I'm here." I giggled as we walked. "I can tell it'll be better, but deep down, you want someone to love," Jasper told me, I looked at him, shook.

"Ho-how did you know that?" I asked, confused. It was practically true.

I looked at his eyes more clearly, they were golden, absolutely beautiful. "Did you get contacts?" I asked him. ".....no," Jasper told me. "Are you sure?" I asked.

"Your eyes were black before, now they're this golden brown or-." "I'm sure," Jasper told me. "It's just the fluorescents."

I chuckled, not believing that, as Jasper walked me to my locker.

"Maybe we can hang out later?" I asked as we got to my locker. "We'll have to see" i nodded as we saw Edward walk by us as I noticed his hands clenched into tight fists.

Bella was standing there as she walked him to leave as well.

I sighed sadly, watching Edward leave Bella. "I wish we could talk more, but my friend needs me. I'll see you later okay," I told him as Jasper nodded.  "Goodbye, Ma'am," Jasper nodded at me as he left.

I walked up to Bella "You okay Bell-Bell?" I asked as she nodded, Bella and us walked outside.

The rain has stopped, but the parking lot is full of water and patches of black ice. Shivering, Bella and us head for her truck, carrying the onion, carefully navigating the icy puddles.

As we reached her truck, I looked across the lot and I saw Jasper stand by Edward's silver Volvo with his siblings, about to climb in.

A moment as our eyes meet, then he looks toward the sound of a high-pitched screech, that quickly grows louder.

Bella and us turned to see a van, skidding on the ice, careening out of control, and heading directly for us. I pulled Bella to the side as the van came at us.

Tyler was desperately trying to gain control, then he shielded his face.

I saw Jasper looking at me in horror. The van hit the truck as the force was enough to bang my head against the truck. I felt a bit of pain in my hand as I saw Edward next to Bella, pinning her down.

She saw Edward hover over her as Jasper was next to me.

My vision faded as he said something.

-Jasper's Pov-

I saw the van hit Chloe as she flew back and hit her head on the truck. I ran towards her as Edward ran to Bella. I was too focused on Chloe, her hand was broken when I got her.

I hovered over Chloe as she saw me.

"Chloe, don't close your eyes," I told her as she closed her eyes. Carlisle told me that if a human hit his or her head, they must not close their eyes. I sighed as the van smashed into the back of Bella's truck.

It careens toward her and Edward as Edward's hands created a deep dent in the side of the van's body as it shuddered to a stop, a foot from Bella. I held Chloe in my arms as Edward pushed the van away.

Then silence. A long beat, void of any sound, as Bella looks at Edward, trying to absorb what just happened. Chloe went limp in my arms as she lost consciousness.