Chapter 1: the Escape

Lloyd looked at Harumi with a worried expression.

"Go watch over the temple! We must be prepared for the arrival of the Ninja. After they're defeated, you may free me from my Crystal," the Overlord instructed. The council bowed to him and left the main hall to go to the edge of the temple.

"Why are you doing this?" Lloyd remarked, "Harumi, you're strong enough to break free from the Overlord's control! Why won't you try?"

"Because I don't want to, Lloyd," Harumi replied, "This may be the only way for Ninjago to finally find peace: in darkness. And-"

Suddenly, there was a loud crash. The council, while fighting over the weapons of Spinjitzu, accidentally let them touch, causing an elemental explosion. It caused vibrations strong enough to knock down a small, sharp Crystal from the ceiling above the Overlord's one. It damaged the Crystal, scratching it so hard it left a huge dent along with a crack. The damage was so grave that the Overlord's powers were neutralised. Suddenly, Harumi fell to the ground, and her eyes slowly faded from Purple back to Black. She was free from the Overlord's control. Lloyd, seeing this, called out to her.

"Harumi...? Are you okay...?"

She sighed, "W-what happened? Where am I...?"

"Harumi! I'm so glad you're okay! Now unchain me so we can get out of here, before the council comes back!"But it was no use. Harumi was too weak. She couldn't even stand up."Lloyd, I-I feel a bit light-headed..."

And just like that, she passed out. Lloyd was alone again. But he thought of a plan. What if he gained enough momentum to swing forward and break his chains on the damaged crystal? It seemed stupid, but to was worth a try. He swung forward faster, and faster, and faster, until... BANG. He fell to the ground, his chains broken. That was when the council came in. He gently picked up Harumi and ran out of there as fast as he could.

He sprinted to the edge of the temple and nearly slipped, but managed to keep his balance.

"There's no escape, Green Ninja!" Aspheera shouted.

"Have the courage to accept your fate, and join us in the Crystal Council!" said the Skull Sorcerer

"Or perish with our joke of a council leader!" Pythor remarked.

"Actually, I choose another option," Lloyd said, after looking down at a river in the Jungle below.

"Oh? And what might that be?" Aspheera asked sarcastically.

"Escape and live to fight another day!" Lloyd shouted, as he prepared to jump off of the temple and into the river. He held Harumi close while he fell towards the water at bullet speed. Then, SPLASH! They fell in.

Lloyd, seeing that Harumi was still unconscious, brought her out of the water and to safety. Lloyd looked up at the temple with bitter hatred.

"Don't think we'll leave you alone, Overlord. My friends may be gone, but Master Wu, Pixal and Nya will think of something. You're not going to get away."