32 ✥ 𝙰 𝙷𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍𝚢

Start from the beginning

"I know why you're being like that," Crystal threatened as she went to relieve the other owl of its burden and Cash froze as he looked up at her, "you're asking to be thrown out, aren't you? I won't hesitate, you know?"

Crystal noticed the letter was bearing the Hogwarts crest and was thicker than usual.

As soon as the owl was free of duty, it ruffled its feathers importantly, stretched its wings, and as though extremely fed up with them, took off through the window into the night without a second of delay.

Crystal slit the envelope open amidst all the chaos Cash was making, pulled out the first page of parchment within, and read:

______________________

Dear Miss Calisto,

Please note that the new school year will begin on September the first. The Hogwarts Express will leave from King's Cross station, platform nine and three-quarters, at eleven o'clock.

Third years are permitted to visit the village of Hogsmeade on certain weekends. Please give the enclosed permission form to your parent or guardian to sign.

A list of books for next year is enclosed.

Yours sincerely,
Professor McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

PS: You were sent this letter early for the sake of your circumstances this summer.

______________________

Crystal pulled out the Hogsmeade permission form and looked at it.

"She knew I won't be staying here long so send it to me first," said Crystal impressed as Cash continued to squawk, then there was a loud thump from the stairs below and Uncle Jared was shouted.

"MAKE THAT BLOODY BIRD SILENT AT ONCE OR I'LL CHOKE IT AND THROW IT OUT IN THE DUMPS!"

"I'm Sorry!" Crystal shouted back then gave Cash a look which immediately shut him up and like an obedient kid, went inside his cage.

"Told you," said Crystal smirking triumphantly at the sulking owl. "You are my owl, so going on strike against me will do nothing good for you rather it'd only make me throw you out-"

Cash squeaked loudly and threw the door of the cage open loudly as though rebelling.

"CRYSTAL!!" Uncle Jared's voice roared throughout the whole house. "I'LL COOK HIM ALIVE AND FEED IT TO THE DOGS!!"

"Wannabe a tasty meal, eh, Cash?" She sneered. The owl hid its head under its wing, sticking at the far end of the cage. Crystal smirked and shouted back peering through the door.

"Sorry sorry, Uncle! He won't make any noise now!"

"Let's go to sleep," she whispered as she walked back to Cash after locking the door. Cash was frozen scared and didn't dare open his beak now. "You have learned your lesson, that's progress,"

Crystal lay down on her bed and thought about school. She was missing Harry, Hermione and Ron, but her mood soured when her mind went back to the news Uncle Jared happily announced yesterday morning, the day just before the start of the summer holidays.