"This is Riley. She's new and I'm showing her around" I explain. "Oh, cool" Luke starts. "Well word of the wise, avoid the basement at all costs and if you have to choose between starving and eating the mystery soup of the day, choose starvation".

She giggles at his advice. I guess she thinks he's joking. "Well we have to go to class now. What do you have, Riley?" I ask. Riley pulls out her schedule. "Uh, statistics".

"Me too! I can show you the way" I say. She nods and we walk down the hall. Suddenly hands cover my eyes. "Guess who?" A deep voice asks.

"Voldemort?" I ask and hear a gasp as Zack turns me around to face him. "You should never say his name you crazy woman!" He shouts.

I laugh. "I must have forgot. I'm sorry". He waves it off. "I can't stay mad at you" and his lips are on mine. Like every kiss with him, my legs turn to jelly.

After a few seconds he pulls away. "I gotta get to chemistry. See you at lunch gorgeous" he flirtatiously sends me a smile that I return and in a flash he is down the hall.

"Was that your boyfriend?" Riley suddenly asks, making me jump. I forgot she was there. "Um, yeah. His name is Zack".

"Then who was the blonde one?" She asks. "Oh, that's Luke" I respond. she raises an eyebrow suggestively at me "you two seem friendly".

I let out an uncomfortable laugh. "No it's not.. he's not... we don't.... were just friends. Really good friends" I finally manage to say. Riley smiles a little smugly "I wouldn't mind being friends with him" she states.

For some reason the thought of Riley and Luke together makes my stomach flip. 'Relax' I say to myself. 'You like Zack, not Luke'.

"Let's get to Statistics" I say and Riley and I walk into the classroom.

After three classes, two which included Riley, I lead her to the cafeteria. "Come on, you can sit with me and my friends" I insist and lead her to our table in the middle of the room.

"Someone looks tired" I greet an exhausted looking Brandon. "I was up all night studying for that English test in Mr. Solender's class yesterday and I haven't caught up on sleep" he answers.

Luke appears "speaking of English tests, guess who scored a 92, 5 points higher than sleepyhead over here?" he practically sings. Brandon shoots him a glare as Riley answers."I'll take a wild guess and say the boy who is asking us".

Luke points at her "Right you are new girl" he states and she giggles. I bite my tongue as we sit down, Riley sitting on the other side of Luke.

"I've had a breakthrough" Danny announces as him and Belle take their seats. He continues "Next year we will be seniors".

"Good observation Einstein" Belle states. Danny sends her a dirty look as he continues "well, I say we take over the fountain spot".

"No way"

"Are you a moron?"

"Have fun dying"

These were Luke, Belle and I's remarks to his moronic idea.

"What's the fountain spot?" Zack asks as he comes over and sits beside me, pecking my cheek. I don't miss Luke's reaction as he turns away, teeth gritted.

Belle is the one who answers Zack's question. "It's basically where all the popular jocks and bitchy girls sit".

"By 'bitchy girls' I guess you're talking about my cheerleading sisters" Nicole comments as she comes up and sits down.

Danny throws a grape into the air and catches it in his mouth. "Right you are, queen of the bitchy girls".

"Well good luck taking the fountain spot away from them" Nicole says, taking a bite of her salad.