8

"Surprise!" We all cheered as Eli walked in last through the door. Eli jumped in his skin and looked at us all in shock.

"Happy birthday mate!" Ryan cheered and walked over to Eli and hugged him. "When did you do all this? I thought you had food poisoning?" Eli said glancing around the bus after he made his way around hugging everyone.

"I lied. I needed a reason to stay here so Josh and I can do all this while you four went out." Ryan said.

"Oh my god." Eli muttered under his breath, "Thank you." Eli said to Ryan and Josh, chuffed at the decorations.  There was a big 'Happy birthday' banner on the wall, balloons scattered all over the floor, bottles of alcohol on the counter and bowls of crisps laid out too and a big '23' ballon stood next to the sofa.

"Don't thank us. Thank Lyla I wouldn't know what to get if it wasn't for her." Ryan said with an arm around my shoulder.

"You were a part of this?" Eli asked.

"Of course I was." I replied with a smile and he hugged me tightly.

"Thank you it's amazing!" Eli said with a massive smile on his face.

"Alright! Presents!" Robert declared clapping his hands together.

We all went to get the present that we were hiding and gathered around the sofa. "Cheers mate." Eli said holding up a pair of colourful socks from Robert that he had sneakily bought earlier when we were out. Robert grinned like a proud father and Josh, Ryan and Louis gave him their presents.

I had the widest smile on my face as I handed Eli is present. He picked up the envelope that was placed on top of the present. "Should I read this first or open?" He asked.

"Maybe save the card for after. It's a bit long."

He put the card to one side and held the present in his hands. He looked at me with a toothy smile and began unwrapping it. He peeled back the wrapping to reveal a black leather jacket that I had bought yesterday with Ryan.

"Oh my god." Eli said. His smile dropped and he just sat wide eyed. "Lyla..." He said softly and looked back at me. A smile sprinted on his face and I wrapped my arms around him. "Oh my god Lyla. Thank you so much." He said and I chuckled at his excitement.

"Do you like it?" I asked him.

"Like it?" Eli said, "I fucking love it."

"Happy birthday Eli." I smiled softly and he opened the envelope as I held him tightly in my arms as he began to read.

Elijah

To Elijah Bob,

Happy birthday!

I can't express how much you mean to me and how much you've changed my life in the past 2 weeks. I've know you for such a short time and I've never been happier. I feel like i've known you all my life and I wish I had met you sooner. If anyone had told me last year that I you would become my closest friend I wouldn't have believed them.

The day I met you I knew that I wanted you in my life. You never fail to make me laugh and smile and thank you so much for giving me this job and helping me through a bad time. Thank you so much for everything. I really fucking appreciate you so much and i'm so luckily that I can call you a friend. I don't know what I would ever do without you. You're my best friend and you're now stuck with me forever whether you like it or not.