Chapter 15: Finding the Balance

Depuis le début

"Who is this person next to the rent-in-law? He is an ugly doodie face! He makes our beloved call on the bond. He is no good. Make him go away, rents! Right now! I know this smell! He smells off. I do not like him. Bad man! You can see he is not magnificent like we are," July yowled and batted his paw against Ares's boot.

While Nu soothed him, Zee was amused at July's description of his dad. Their kitten was good for their souls. Even though July was dead serious, his words were that of a child, and he loved that he gave them something to care for and love since they didn't have a child of their own yet.

They were two males in the mortal realm unable to procreate together. He had told Nu they would have children to fill his heart in their next life. In the god realm, men could carry offspring if they wished, and he had promised Nu this reality. Nu cried when he heard he would be able to carry their young. His heart yearned for this.

Having children was essential to both. Adoption and surrogacy in the mortal realm were their options when they were ready if they decided to have human children. Nu was hesitant because he wanted his children to be with them forever.

If they chose this option, the children would be reborn to new parents since they were mortal. Their children would belong to someone else's life cycle! Nu was heartbroken every time he thought of this. The kitten helped Nu's sadness when it hit him that this could never be.

Why is his mind wandering today? He knew his father's appearance made him wobbly again. Nu's emotions were battering him, making him unstable. He needed to end this.

"Be calm, my good kitten. Your rents will take care of the matter if there is a need," Zee is trying to keep his emotions out of his voice but doing a poor job.

Recently July had begun calling them rents, something he heard in the mortal realm meaning parents. Zee could deal with July's changing names for them if it made the little guy happy. If he was honest, July had become like their child.

As his anger subsided, his irritation had not. Why a sudden intrusion? All he wanted was a romantic moment by the sea to ask his love to spend eternity with him.

He had planned every detail and spent years making the perfect sky backdrop with the ideal lighting and placement. Even the ring was everything he dreamed it would be.

His future mother-in-law Hera had gifted him Painite gems. The gems were made from the tears of Zeus and Hera, which they created on their engagement day. He couldn't wait until Nu and himself made their gems for their future children.

He used all twenty carats to show his devotion, love, and desire for the man he loved. As he saw it sparkle on Nu's finger, it made him feel possessive.

Growling low in his throat, he pulled Nu back against him showing his sovereignty to the alpha males around him. His sudden need to mark Nu was pressing against him.

Nu laughed through the bond. The god bond could make him feel feral if his lifemate was too close to other alpha males. This had been a problem over the years, but today it seemed he was having issues controlling everything.

"Hia, I am yours. No one else but you will be my lifemate, my love. You can do whatever you want and do not have to ask or hold back. If you need to mark me, do it. We will be doing more than that when we get home," Nu pushed back against him.

He had hoped tonight would lead to another intense night in bed. He needed Nu screaming in pleasure, and the by-product of that was Nu had yet to master his control of the bonds.

His emotions sometimes bled through the bonds, traumatizing their rude and unruly kitten. His reactions to bond bleeds were many joyous moments relived after their bodies were sated.