"Party of anxiety"

Start from the beginning

—"What? This is still pretty far from your home! Plus, there is a tiny surprise for you inside."— Olivia smirks at you and grabs your arm, leading you inside.

—"Are you also part of this Melanie?!"— you glance at your other friend.

—"Nope, I wasn't aware of this neither. I just tag along cuz Olivia told so."— she innocently replies.

The (h/c) haired female sighs in frustration, her expectations were too high, what did she even expect from a happy-go-lucky 21 y/o?! At least the place was quite crowded so it shouldn't be too hard to blend in...

After basically being dragged inside of the cafe and seeing the cheerful but not too chaotic atmosphere, the female began to calm down little by little.

—"{Easy there (Y/N), everything will be cool! Come on, bet Myers doesn't even know about the existence of this cafe, so you have nothing to fear.}"— Olivia whispers and pats your arm with a warm smile.

—"My goodness, Olivia it's such a relief you came, oh! You managed to bring (Y/N) here too!"—

Another voice caught the trio's attention. It was the owner of the cafe, a sweet middle aged woman who sometimes would swing by to see how business is going.

The woman comes closer and takes (Y/N) by her arms gently.

—"Tell me dear, is it true that you are a professional playing the piano?"— she asks.

—"Uh... Yeah, you could say...?"— you reply, confused about why she's asking that.

—"That's great! You see, tonight we were planning to make a small concert with some jazz songs, but unfortunately the pianist we hired couldn't come, so... Would you mind to play instead of them? A-All the music sheets are there! All you have to do is play."—

A cold layer of sweat began to form on (Y/N)'s body, flashbacks of her going to piano auditions came running trough her mind, making her hands shaky and her knees weak. She haven't played in front of an audience since high school, and even then, she would receive glances or disgust at her blind eye or her friendship with the Myers family.

—"I... Uhm... I-I..."— you stammer, barely making any coherent noises.

—"You need time to decide, I understand."— the owner gives you an understanding look and a small squeeze before letting go and walking away. —"Let me know when you have a clear answer."—

—"Uh... (Y/N)? You good?"— Olivia asks you with a slightly concerned smile.

Without any warning, the (h/c) haired female storms into the bathroom of the cafe, her breathing was shaky and slightly anxious.

—"(Y/N) wait! What happened?"— Olivia follows you, Melanie tagging behind silently.

—"I... I can't do this... I can't."— you manage to say and lean against a wall. —"Was that the... Surprise?"—

—"Uh... Y-yeah? Aren't you excited about it?"— she asks you frowning slightly. —"I'm... I'm sorry if it's so spontaneous, I remember you told me that you would like to perform someday again and... I thought that..."—

—"No no, don't get me wrong dear I rally appreciate your effort! It's just I..."— you swallow the lump in your throat before continuing. —"I just... Failed so many times, no one ever sees my talent, only my scars... My defects."— you confess tiredly.

—"But tonight you are a completely new person, you are wearing a mask and most of people around probably doesn't even know you! It's your chance (Y/N)."— she tries to cheer and motivate you.