"ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ..."(𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘢 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳)

En başından başla

"What is the matter, darling? Are you not able to take up this simple task?" She teased, watching his cheeks glow pink.

"My lady, I don't believe it is part of my duties to do so." He laughed softly with a tinge of nervousness. Though, his actions betrayed his words. His palm slowly going over hers while intertwining their fingers.

"Oh?" She chuckled in return and began to walk with him by her side, both wearing matching grins.

Looking down at their joined hands, he couldn't miss how their hands fit so perfectly together. Like two puzzle pieces snug against each other. But when he glanced at her, he saw beauty that was ever so close to the definition of perfection itself.

Her posture was strict as she walked, like any other noble, her back straight, chin up and confident strides with one of the prettiest smiles he had ever seen. She was the perfect prime example of a noble person.

There was it again, she was a noble. He wasn't. And that one fact made his smile disappear. He shouldn't have thought about it, he knew that. But he couldn't help but overthink it. Why must she be the one to send his heart into a string of frenzied beats?

"Hello? Tevyat to Thoma?" She waved her hand in front his face, her tone carrying hints of concern.

Ah, they already had arrived at the garden. He hummed in response to her call, gaze flickering from the florals to her eyes. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't already disheartened by his thoughts, struggling to give her a small reassuring smile. But there was no point, she already knew something was off.

"I know you well enough to know something's off." She shook her head slightly, as if she were disappointed that he even tried to mask it up. "Now, tell me why you are wearing this forlorn expression, hm?"

Silence.

"Did someone say or do something? I can deal with it if you inform me of their name-"

"[Y/N], no."

He sighed; it was sort of endearing in a way but still.

"It's just me." He refused to look her in the eye, keeping his head bowed. "I just don't think that I am worthy enough to be the subject of your affection. I am a mere houseworker, you hold a high status. I am not oblivious to your attempts of making a move on me, I do adore you but-"

His emerald eyes were akin to plates, widening at the feel of her closed fan under his chin, lifting it upwards for him to meet her gaze as she stepped closer to him. Any words he was about to utter had gotten stuck in his throat, it felt illegal even to breathe within this close proximity. In that small moment, all his negative feelings melted into pure adoration for his lady.

"We both share the same feelings, that is all that is needed. Statuses are not needed for two to be in love, Thoma. You are worthy of me and all that I own, do not down talk yourself." Her tone was stern, a tad bit of affection slipping through her voice.

Before even a single syllable could have slipped out of him, she hushed him again by continuing in now a rather light-hearted matter.

"Degrade yourself once more and there will be consequences, darling." There it was again, her infuriating smirk. But he only smiled in response, quite fond of the familiar sight.

"Of course, my lady."

Satisfied with his response, she flicked her fan back to herself without breaking eye contact, allowing him to see the glint of mischief within her irises.

Thoma knew she was a breathtaking sight. But he wasn't prepared to see such great pulchritude up close. Her eyes were alluring with often mischief lingering within them. Her hair perfectly framing her face with elegance. She was so beautiful, especially when she smiled.

He was the first to avert his gaze away, pink painting his cheeks. The pounding of his heart rang in his ears. That was until her voice cleared out the noise.

"My dear, it would be a shame to let such an opportunity flee away from my grasp. Especially after all that wait. So, Thoma, would you allow me to have the honours of stealing a kiss from you?"

The corners of her lips quirked upwards into a small smile, a teasing one once he met her gaze again. As if she knew he would take up her offer already.

This time, he chuckled, managing a nod as they both leaned in. It felt magical, the touch of their lips against each other, the air engulfing them redolent with the fragrance of her perfume and the electric feeling when their skin met. His hand settled behind on the base of her neck and her arms were wounded around his neck.

They were in their own world where the time had stopped for the both of them, allowing them to indulge in each other.

Thoma could handle any situation and anyone. All but one person, the love of his life. The one whom makes his heart knock on his ribcage effortlessly.