"Oh my god are you Echo?!" The young, maybe 17-18 year old, blue-haired girl at the drive-through window almost screeched.

"Yeah." I laughed, rubbing the side of my neck.

"Oh my god. Oh my god, no way. I'm such a big fan of yours."

"Thank you so mu-." She cut me off by abruptly leaving the window.

She came back about a minute later with my food and a single napkin.

"My manager said you could have the food for free, also can you sign this?" She asked, her hand slightly shaking as she held out the napkin.

"Thank you so much, I really appreciate it," I said happily, I'm not about to decline free food, "And of course I can dude," I said as she handed me the bag of food and the napkin from her shaky hands.

"Do you have a pen?" I questioned after briefly glancing around my car for one.

"Yeah of course." She replied. She reached her hand up onto a shelf above the napkin dispenser, grabbing a black ballpoint pen.

"Thanks," I said as she handed it to me.

After I wrote the most horrendous signature the world has ever seen, I handed her back the napkin and the pen.

"Thank you so, so much." She smiled so big that I couldn't help but smile back.

"Yeah, of course. It's no worries." I waved goodbye and parked in the parking lot to eat. It smelled too good I think I would've died trying to wait until I got home.

After I was done I started to drive back to my house, pulling the car out of park and driving out of the lot. The food was good as fuck, cause Burger King is goated as hell.

While I was driving back home one of my best friends from way back when called me. We went to school together up until the first day of high school when she and her family had to move because her dad was in the military. Her moving never really tainted our friendship, of course it sucked to not be able to see each other in person but we got used to it.

_____

"Yo Amelia, what's up dude?"

"Nothing much, just chillin' out. I saw your stream, it was so good."

"Thanks bro, it was super fun, I haven't played Phasmphobia in ages so it was rad to get back into it."

"Right." She mumbled, "anyways, don't get mad about me asking this okay?"

"Um, I don't know if I can promise that," I replied. Shuffling through possible questions she could be about to ask in my head.

"It's not a big deal," she said in reply, "but I was wondering if you liked Quackity?"

I paused for a second, confused as to why she was asking.

"Er, why?"

"Just wondering, the way you looked at each other during the twitchcon panel just seemed a bit, you know, romance-y. I guess."

"Oh okay. Well I don't," I cleared my throat and scratched the bottom of my ear lobe, "we're just good friends. Anything romance-y you think you saw was just your weird mind dude." I chuckled.

"Well I mean, I'm not the only person that thinks that at the moment."

"What? Who else thinks that?" I questioned.

"The entirety of Twitter apparently." She chuckled, her tone lighthearted while I almost slammed on my brakes in surprise.

"I'm driving so I can't check my phone, can you tell me what people are saying?" I asked, probably a bit too much urgency in my tone.

"Yeah, it's not a super big deal, your ship name, Echoity, is trending, and everyone's freaking out over the eye contact at the panel."

"Holy shit." I sighed.

It's not like we haven't trended before, so why does this one feel so different?

"It's all fine, it's not like they're only talking about you, he was looking at you all romance-y too."

"Amelia I'll call you back later okay."

"Oh okay, w-." I hung up before she could say her goodbyes.

____

(a/n: CHAPTERS SO SHORT BUT ITS HERE! stuffs getting REAL up in this story dawg! 😬😏)
( 1126 words )
P.S Echoity (ehk-oh-it-ee) is the most rad ship name.